News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 07:37:44 PM
Question for Languish cooks:  is it safe to eat steak that has a very light lime-green tint to it?  I just bought it yesterday and kept it refrigerated, and it doesn't seem to reek of an expired steak.

No worse than eating 2 quarts of blueberries in one sitting.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: PDH on January 15, 2013, 07:49:53 PM
Question for Languish cooks:  is it safe to eat steak that has a very light lime-green tint to it?  I just bought it yesterday and kept it refrigerated, and it doesn't seem to reek of an expired steak.

No worse than eating 2 quarts of blueberries in one sitting.
It was two pints.  And it's no big consolation, considering I almost died.  No worse than almost dying is not very reassuring.

derspiess

I will not eat it in a box.  I will not eat it with a fox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPy2alWEZ-U
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Dguller, have you checked to see if it's wrapped in light green plastic first?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on January 15, 2013, 08:00:29 PM
Dguller, have you checked to see if it's wrapped in light green plastic first?
It's not.

Razgovory

Then perhaps you should not eat the steak.  You live in a big city so you can't do what I do with expired meat:  Throw it on the neighbors roof.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Apropos young Mormons at BYU, a bbc program has just aired about 1000 singleton Mormons gathering at a NC beach resort.:

**ck beach, mormons gone **ld , it's mildly diverting, sad and is on bbc iplayer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pz8j8/Young_Mormon_and_Single/

** du
** wi
It's what one of the contributors said.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 15, 2013, 08:14:39 PM
Give it to a hipster.
It's already marinating.  The clock is ticking, I can't find a hipster in time.

DGuller

All right, I'm warming up my skillet.  If I die, it's on all your consciences.

CountDeMoney

Regardless of the color, meat should always be able to pass the smell test.
If it's bad, you'll know it.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2013, 08:25:40 PM
Regardless of the color, meat should always be able to pass the smell test.
If it's bad, you'll know it.
Thank you.  And it seems like sprinkling tenderizer and pepper on the steak solved the problem, I can't see the greenness on it anymore.

Jaron

BYU has some interesting standards. A nice excerpt from the honor code:

Women

Clothing is immodest when it is sleeveless, does not cover the stomach
or is low-cut in the front or back. Dresses and skirts should be
knee-length or longer (even with leggings worn). No capris may be
worn on campus. Women may wear one pair of earrings.

Men

Sideburns should not extend below the earlobe or onto the cheek.
Men are expected to be clean shaven, moustaches, if worn, should be
neatly trimmed and may not extend beyond or below the corners of
the mouth. Beards are not appropriate.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Quote from: DGuller on January 15, 2013, 08:24:31 PM
All right, I'm warming up my skillet.  If I die, it's on all your consciences.

Be sure not to eat it until achieving proper bleu.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive