News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Is anti-jew talk is commonplace where you live?

Seriously I feel like I live in the Gaza Strip.

Tamas

I am now blasting music in my headphones so I don't hear these neanderthals.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2013, 03:13:09 AM
Never heard it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 11, 2013, 04:04:01 AM
Never heard it.

the bunch I am sitting next to is especially bad, but, they just got two random new guys and they immediately fit in with the nazitalk. If they cease being racist, it is just to talk some homophobic shit. Very annoying and boring.

"Why do we still have to talk about the holocaust? I had nothing to do with it. It did not happen without a proper reason anyways" etc.
:bleeding:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on January 10, 2013, 06:34:13 PM
Every week at school I have to record a little program for the school pa system where I talk about wherever. I've been told I need to have a little theme tune before I start. So. I need to think of a song with an awesome intro that would work well for this purpose. Suggestions?
Go classy with a jazz intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpGRXCp_BXA
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2013, 04:13:17 AM
Never heard it.

the bunch I am sitting next to is especially bad, but, they just got two random new guys and they immediately fit in with the nazitalk. If they cease being racist, it is just to talk some homophobic shit. Very annoying and boring.

"Why do we still have to talk about the holocaust? I had nothing to do with it. It did not happen without a proper reason anyways" etc.

And that's why the remaining Jews felt compelled to leave Europe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Nope. In North America, Jew hatred is pretty fringe.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Seriously I feel like I live in the Gaza Strip.

Nah we love Jews in the US.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on January 11, 2013, 04:13:17 AM

Yeah. Never come across that sort of thing. Whether that sort of talk was about Jews, other races, gays or any other minority I think it'd be considered hugely inappropriate and offensive in the UK.

The most anti-semitic thing I've heard was from a Hungarian :lol:

Although really it was a backhanded compliment. He thought British politics was less corrupt because we had more Jews...
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 11, 2013, 11:25:09 AM

The most anti-semitic thing I've heard was from a Hungarian :lol:

YOU DON'T SAY

Grey Fox

Well I know a group of NeoNazi assholes but they seem to hate blacks more then the Jews, so no not really.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Never heard it.

Me, neither.  Only in jokes, and even then rarely and with no real malice. 

Antisemitism is widespread in Argentina, but it's of a very weak variety.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2013, 08:57:21 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2013, 08:02:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 10, 2013, 07:19:30 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on January 10, 2013, 07:15:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1NKoMNy5bY

There is a blast from the past.

Remember when they had that little piece on the making of that commercial?

Yes.  :lol:

Has to be one of those things practically everyone remembers.  Of course they must have run that "making of" special 20 times a week for a while, like they did with most of their other programming. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Every week at school I have to record a little program for the school pa system where I talk about wherever. I've been told I need to have a little theme tune before I start. So. I need to think of a song with an awesome intro that would work well for this purpose. Suggestions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8NNjhzSXwE
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on January 11, 2013, 12:09:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8NNjhzSXwE

:lol: Brilliant choice!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point