News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

My sisters are on a new Facebook crusade:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Sisters with an S?  You've got more than one sister who's all Jesused up?

Syt

Both in the U.S., and the one in Germany that starts to join them (she's angling to marry a half-Native-American in Kansas). They're all staunch Tea Party supporters.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

Man, you Krauts really don't do anything halfway, do you? :P

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2013, 11:35:39 AM
Man, you Krauts really don't do anything halfway, do you? :P

They were lefty libertards before they moved to the U.S., so I blame AmeriKKKa. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

I can now read my work e-mail on my private smart phone. I wonder if that's a good idea or not.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on January 07, 2013, 01:50:57 PM
I can now read my work e-mail on my private smart phone. I wonder if that's a good idea or not.

As in they set it up through a blackberry type program or just through some sort of webmail portal?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Meh, we did that for personal non-blackberries, too.  Used MobileIron, iirc.  Pretty solid.

derspiess

A boycott over the Pepsi thing is silly and I won't lose any sleep over it, but it was pretty retarded of them to alter the pledge of allegiance.  Either put the official one on there or skip the idea.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on January 07, 2013, 02:42:44 PM
A boycott over the Pepsi thing is silly and I won't lose any sleep over it, but it was pretty retarded of them to alter the pledge of allegiance.  Either put the official one on there or skip the idea.

I don't know they could shorten it still further to Wee, which could also act as a health warning.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

Pepsi tastes like crap anyway.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on January 07, 2013, 01:50:57 PM

Just make sure they don't know you can.

PDH

Meh, leaving out the "under God" just makes it the classic version anyway.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM