News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

:mad: What happened to freedom of speech?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 03, 2013, 02:18:23 PM

Yi must be one of Currents 15 viewers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

It would have been funnier if RT bought it. Now there is some entertaining nuts.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 03, 2013, 02:20:22 PM
It would have been funnier if RT bought it. Now there is some entertaining nuts.

I like Peter Lavelle. He's like a Russian Colbert, only he's totally serious.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 03, 2013, 02:07:02 PM
Dear users,

Writing database queries on my part is not an optimal method of correcting typos on your part.

Thank you,

Me
:lol: :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 03, 2013, 02:19:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 03, 2013, 02:18:23 PM

Yi must be one of Currents 15 viewers.

I enjoyed some of their bits.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

For DGuller and the rest of the Euro nitwits that don't believe bullets can kill coming back down to Earth:

Quote10-year-old struck in New Year's celebratory shooting dies
Girl had been in critical condition in Del. After Cecil Co. incident

A 10-year-old girl struck by a stray bullet fired in the air during New Year's Eve celebrations died Thursday as a result of her injuries, the Cecil County Sheriff's Office said.

The girl, identified by police as Aaliyah Boyer, had been in critical condition on life support at A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital in Wilmington.

Cecil County Sheriff's Office Lt. Michael Holmes said the girl, a resident of Manheim, Pa., was standing in the yard of a relative's home in the unit block of AJS Court in Elkton, watching neighbors set off fireworks, when she suddenly collapsed. A bullet of unknown caliber had struck her on the top of her head, Holmes said.

Investigators do not know where the bullet came from and have no suspects. Neighbors have told authorities they heard a lot of fireworks and gunshots at about midnight, about the time the girl was struck.

"It's our belief that celebratory gunfire caused a wound to the head," Holmes said.

Detectives continue to look for leads for a suspect.

"It's being treated as a homicide investigation now," Holmes said.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on January 03, 2013, 09:50:49 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 03, 2013, 09:09:10 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 07:54:52 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 03, 2013, 12:07:32 AM
Officer Faked Drunken-Driving Cases

'A former trooper of the year is accused of falsifying dozens of arrests during her 10-year career.'

Link.
Oops.  :blush:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/03/us/lawsuit-accuses-fired-utah-trooper-of-falsifying-dui-arrests.html

QuoteI told her: 'You're making the biggest mistake of your life. I haven't had nothing to drink,' " Mr. Romero recalled in an interview.

I'd arrest him again for egregiously using hyperbole and double-negatives.  :menace:

I dunno.  Falsifying evidence to bring bad charges, and getting caught for it, would be the biggest mistake in most people's lives.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

It is being reported that the Saudi's are using thier jets in air strikes in Yemen to support the drone strikes.

Allahu Ackbar.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on January 03, 2013, 09:57:17 PM
I dunno.  Falsifying evidence to bring bad charges, and getting caught for it, would be the biggest mistake in most people's lives.

She'll have all the time in the world to think about it when she embarks on her new career at Denny's.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 04:35:28 PM
For DGuller and the rest of the Euro nitwits that don't believe bullets can kill coming back down to Earth:

Quote10-year-old struck in New Year's celebratory shooting dies
Girl had been in critical condition in Del. After Cecil Co. incident

A 10-year-old girl struck by a stray bullet fired in the air during New Year's Eve celebrations died Thursday as a result of her injuries, the Cecil County Sheriff's Office said.

The girl, identified by police as Aaliyah Boyer, had been in critical condition on life support at A.I. DuPont Children's Hospital in Wilmington.

Cecil County Sheriff's Office Lt. Michael Holmes said the girl, a resident of Manheim, Pa., was standing in the yard of a relative's home in the unit block of AJS Court in Elkton, watching neighbors set off fireworks, when she suddenly collapsed. A bullet of unknown caliber had struck her on the top of her head, Holmes said.

Investigators do not know where the bullet came from and have no suspects. Neighbors have told authorities they heard a lot of fireworks and gunshots at about midnight, about the time the girl was struck.

"It's our belief that celebratory gunfire caused a wound to the head," Holmes said.

Detectives continue to look for leads for a suspect.

"It's being treated as a homicide investigation now," Holmes said.

Did the bullet ricochet off something and then hit her, or did go up in the air, expend all of it's kinetic energy and then fall back down?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I don't know, Raz.  Why don't you give it a try?

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2013, 11:18:27 AM
Nah. I've seen on American TV shows stuff with people's rooms getting turned into gyms and all that. That isn't in the culture of people around here though. People's bedrooms generally remain their bedrooms and its left up to them to eventually strip them of everything worthwhile.

I don't think you can make a general rule out of that, as each family will be completely different. I haven't had a room of my own at my parent's place since I was 20, on the ocasions that I sleep there I either use the guest bedroom or sleep at my brother's room if he's not there. Furthermore, if you say that your house is small that's a bigger reason to have the available space put to productive use instead of keeping a room frozen in time for you when you've been out of the country for years. As long as you still have a place to sleep there when you return it's ok, you're not really living there anymore even if you don't want to admit it.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 10:40:14 PM

All right, I'll come over to your place and you give me your gun and I'll shoot it up in the air.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 03, 2013, 10:44:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 03, 2013, 10:40:14 PM

All right, I'll come over to your place and you give me your gun and I'll shoot it up in the air.

I'd much rather line up you, Timmay and Lettow and see how far one bullet can go through three moron melon heads.  Call it a scene out of Ed Anger's List.