And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ideologue on December 17, 2012, 05:24:03 PM
Hey, Ank. :)

I think I'd be okay in a submarine.  They have the Internet in submarines now, right?

Not regular internet, no.  I'd have been on here otherwise.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Tonitrus

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 17, 2012, 04:47:04 PM
Yeah, it's weird.  The same guys, every hour every day every week every month.  It gets old.  :mad:

I thought they had ladies on them now.  ;)

Ed Anger

NBC's Richard Engel is reportedly MIA is Syria right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 17, 2012, 06:10:28 PM
Yeah, it's weird.  The same guys, every hour every day every week every month.  It gets old.  :mad:

I thought they had ladies on them now.  ;)

Some will - I think I'll have a few female officers on my next run.  Officers only, at this point. 
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Pedrito

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 17, 2012, 04:02:24 PM
82 days on a submarine with NO PORT CALLS sucks.  On the other hand, the food was pretty good.  My trusty defense mechanism, narcoleptic anxiety, also kicked in with some ferocity.  It's good to be home, lol.
WTF I'd have died of claustrophobia.

Welcome back Ank  :)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

AnchorClanker

Thanks, guys.  Good to be back.  :cheers:

Ed Anger

Mart served on a submarine once. His record? 12 minutes, just long enough for the water to come gushing through the screen door and fill the sub.

FunkMonk

Quote from: HVC on December 17, 2012, 05:03:23 PM
We have new owners? Crap. CdM is going to be tossed aside to increase shareholder value
:lol:

Hey ank is back.  :hug:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 17, 2012, 06:23:54 PM
Thanks, guys.  Good to be back.  :cheers:

Arab Spring been keeping you busy?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Glad to see you back Ank. :cheers:

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2012, 06:24:17 PM
Mart served on a submarine once. His record? 12 minutes, just long enough for the water to come gushing through the screen door and fill the sub.

After that he was reassigned to the tank-charging cavalry.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 17, 2012, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 17, 2012, 06:24:17 PM

After that he was reassigned to the tank-charging cavalry.

First, he had to dig the grave for the Polish admiral that wanted to be buried at sea.

Josquius

Where did this screen-door Polish submarine thing come from? I can't recall.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Oh please, we all know you were on the Carter playing with all the fun snooper stuff off the Levant, translating in between hooka puffs and crosswords back in the guest stateroom that had "VIP INTEL DO NOT KNOCK" on the door.