News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Posted for the blonde hottie's excellent example of jodan mawashi geri @:34             most others are jailbait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFMFeQkXn-Q
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on November 27, 2012, 12:30:42 AM

Going to Russia where they'll appreciate my looming emphysema.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

Ide, you in Russia! The idea makes me smile.  :)

I have a complicated opinion of Russia- naturally I fear and dislike them, wish them splintered and weakened, and lament the misfortune of anyone who neighbors them, but there are feelings besides that.

I have an enormous respect for their cultural and scientific output, and the grim lengths they have gone to for the sake of RUSSIA STRONG. More than any other metric, it seems that in any era, what is most important to Russia vis-a-vis foreign relations is that they are feared and respected for their might. The constant Russian saga of suffering, so very much of it self-inflicted, speaks to me at times. In particular, hearing Russians sing Sixteen Tons was so perfect for me, because it fits my image of their national character so enormously. Russian nationalism I have respect for- if I was a Russian, i'd be extremely proud of my country.

More than that, Russian intrigue and espionage captures the imagination, and I am downright jealous of Putin at times. My roommate agrees with me on that point- we both want a Putin-esque nationalist strongman to rule us with an iron fist and punish subversives. King Stork!

In the fantastical event that Russia and China ever went to war, I'd hope for a Russian victory, which is more than I can say for any of their other conflicts. Moreover, i'd have faith in that victory regardless of a preponderance of statics that favoured China, because Russia has a resolve and competence China seems unable to equal.

Finally, Siberia (and central asia, but that's a story for another time..) looms large in the vista of the mind; I wrote a sonnet about the sleeping land of snow and suffering one time or another, and the vision of Japan's best sons, the pride of the Kwangtung Army, dying in their thousands to push a recalcitrant soviet resistance to the banks of the Amur has demanded a sonnet repeatedly to no avail.

When I think of Russia, it is the imposing villain of the international scene; a dramatic and darkly triumphant figure, with the full majesty of an evil force that has repeatedly defied all chains their betters, in their overweening presumption, have from time to time sought to bring, that the slavic nightmare might be bound and no more threaten the realms of good, decent folk.

EDIT! It wouldn't let me go, so after 45 minutes, I have a sonnet on that very subject. I am quite happy with it!

The sleeping land's somnolent cognition,
insensate to all in its seclusion
stirs to Matsuoka's mad ambition
awake to Asiatic intrusion

Islands of inhumane humanity
empty out to expel the invader
zeks, absolved of their criminality
die for  Russia at its darkest nadir

peasants and prisoners, ably equipped
repulse the pride of  Japan's panoply
The Rising Sun, prematurely ecipsed,
provides Siberia strange imagery
Unseasonal amidst the snowy gloom
The cherry blossoms beautifully bloom
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

BBC quote of the day:

Quote"I couldn't believe it when I saw the 'Made in Germany' tag on the back"
- Justin Reeves, who bought a £10 model Spitfire from M&S

^_^
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2012, 05:29:25 PM
Quote'Bow and arrow-type' attack leaves 3 dead in Casper, Wyo., officials say

Three people were killed Friday in an attack involving a bow and arrow-type weapon at Casper College in Casper, Wyo., police and college officials said.

Wow!

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/02/15624271-dying-teacher-battled-son-after-attack-in-classroom-saving-students?lite

QuoteDying teacher battled son after attack in classroom, saving students

By NBC News staff

Police say a Wyoming community college teacher James Krumm was a hero for fighting off his son on Friday, potentially saving the lives of six of his computer science students.

"I can tell you the courage that was demonstrated by Mr. Krumm was absolutely without equal," Casper Police Chief Chris Walsh said, according to The Associated Press.

On Friday, Christopher Krumm, 25, stabbed his father's girlfriend to death before driving to Casper College, where his father was teaching a class. He was equipped with a compound bow and arrow and two knives, which he carried into the building under a blanket.

When he entered the classroom, Christopher Krumm stood about four feet from his father, pulled back the bowstring and shot an arrow through his father's head, the Casper Tribune reported

His father, James Krumm, 56, fell but got back up and struggled with his son, the Tribune reported.

That's when Christopher Krumm stabbed himself, then plunged the knife into his father's chest, killing him, Walsh said.

When police arrived, the elder Krumm had died and the younger was taking his final breaths.

Back at his home, girlfriend Heidi Arnold's body lay in front of the house for 11 hours, neighbor Heather Meier told the Tribune. Arnold, 42, was barefoot and her midriff was visible, Meier said. Authorities didn't cover her body.

"I can't keep it out of my head," Meier told the Tribune.

Police believe that Christopher Krumm drove from Vernon, Conn., where he was living, and booked into a motel on the outskirts of town on Thursday, the day before the killings.

Matt DiPinto, a neighbor in his apartment building in Vernon, described an interaction he had with Krumm to the Hartford Courant newspaper. Krumm was giving him a ride back from McDonald's.

"He told me his dad gave him Asperger's (syndrome), that his dad shouldn't have passed it on," DiPinto said. "He said his dad should be castrated. I didn't know him that well, he just kind of said it out of nowhere, so that kind of threw me off a little."

On the Casper College website, James Krumm described himself as a teacher born in London, England and partly raised in Germany. He started teaching at Casper College in 2002.

The Associated Press contributed to this report
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Just how callous have 'we' got on languish; my initial reaction was "tricky committing suicide with a bow an arrow".  :blush:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

PDH

Quote from: Lettow77 on December 03, 2012, 01:18:27 PM
Just how callous have 'we' got on languish; my initial reaction was "tricky committing suicide with a bow an arrow".  :blush:

I see what you did there, Captain Deja Vu
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

My game pirating has been on a drastic decrease over these last few years, while my laziness and my income grew hand in hand.

I guess the pirating days are officially over by today. I wanted to check out a certain game before I'd buy it. So I acquired it. It didn't launch at first try after "fixing" it. I rage uninstalled it and bought it immediately. :P

Tonitrus

Phillip V

Romney Rejoins Board of Marriott

'Mitt Romney's post-election plans include rejoining Marriott International Inc. as a member of the board of directors, a post he has served in twice before.

Marriott announced Monday that Mr. Romney, the Republican nominee for president, had returned to the board, effective immediately. He previously served as a director from 1993 to 2002 and from 2009 to 2011.'

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/12/03/romney-rejoins-board-of-marriott/
QuoteMr. Romney has close ties to the Marriott family. Mr. Romney, whose full name is Willard Mitt Romney, was named after the late John Willard Marriott, who founded the hospitality company.

On the campaign trail, Marriott properties were Mr. Romney's hotels of choice. Mr. Romney, his campaign staff and his traveling press corps spent most nights in Marriott lodging.

J.W. Marriott Jr., the company's executive chairman, said he was delighted that Mr. Romney had agreed to rejoin the board, adding that the company "will benefit from his tremendous energy and capability to guide long-term success in an increasingly complex business environment."
In the meantime, Romney has recently been spotted at CVS (pharmacy/grocery store), McDonald's, and a local pizzeria as he burnishes his 'common man' credentials for a future run.

DGuller

I thought I saw the last of that strained constipated fake smile.  :(

Razgovory

He's not going to run again any more then Al Gore is going to run again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

He's got $250 million other things to do with his time.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on December 03, 2012, 07:10:50 PM
He's not going to run again any more then Al Gore is going to run again.
I think Al Gore can run again, he just needs to find a diet that works for him.