News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

I'm on a train stuck between a group of elderly, sour looking calvinist women and a bunch of cosplay retards.
Over an hour to go, this won't end well.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Maladict on November 18, 2012, 01:47:37 PM
I'm on a train stuck between a group of elderly, sour looking calvinist women and a bunch of cosplay retards.

You don't think getting off the train and never seeing them again qualifies as ending well?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 18, 2012, 02:13:39 PM

You don't think getting off the train and never seeing them again qualifies as ending well?  :huh:

Yes, if I survive that long. The old ladies are getting pretty riled up now. "So you're 20 years old and just dress up and pretend to be Japanese all weekend? Why don't you get a job and earn some money, filthy welfare-children". Cosplay kids are getting thrashed and looking ever more meek and emo. Good thing they're on the train so they can't throw themselves in front of it.

jimmy olsen

Who are they cosplaying as?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've got to stop singing the Salvation Army song when I see those damn bell ringers.  I'm embarrassing my folks.

"Throw a nickel on the drum;
save another drunken bum!"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2012, 07:44:00 AM
No kidding.  Sounds like it would be fun to live down there for a few years.  It's a temperate climate, you've got a family network down there, and it's not shitkicker Dumbfuckistan.  Sounds cool as shit.

I think I could do a couple years down there.  Getting less open to the idea as I get older, though. 

Really cool place and the Argies are my people & all, but I'd feel weird forcing the kids to live there.  Plus the traffic is insane (the road system in BA was built for half the cars that are out there now), their president is even worse (far worse) than ours, economy is unstable (inflation, etc.) and electronics are expensive as hell.

And everything is just so damned small: cars, living space, food/drink portions, garbage cans, etc.  Takes time for me to adjust to that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2012, 11:14:23 AMAnd everything is just so damned small: cars, living space, food/drink portions, garbage cans, etc.

It's the other way around, everything is too fucking big over at the States. Not just Texas.

DGuller

Quote from: The Larch on November 19, 2012, 12:16:13 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2012, 11:14:23 AMAnd everything is just so damned small: cars, living space, food/drink portions, garbage cans, etc.

It's the other way around, everything is too fucking big over at the States. Not just Texas.
Thank you.  :)

derspiess

I've been to other foreign places so I hear what you're saying.  But there's no such thing as too big, particularly when you have the space and resources available :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on November 19, 2012, 12:25:36 PM

I've been to other foreign places so I hear what you're saying.  But there's no such thing as too big, particularly when you have the space and resources available :contract:

Are you familiar with the term "sustainability"? :p

Maladict

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2012, 07:24:02 PM

I didn't even realize it was cosplay until they said it was, don't ask me for details.  :)

Neil

Quote from: The Larch on November 19, 2012, 02:34:54 PM
No modern lifestyle is sustainable in the long run, so we might as well live to the fullest.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: The Larch on November 19, 2012, 02:34:54 PM

See: Sovereign Debt thread.  :lol:

No, we don't either.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Maladict on November 19, 2012, 02:50:52 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 18, 2012, 07:24:02 PM

I didn't even realize it was cosplay until they said it was, don't ask me for details.  :)
Describe them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 17, 2012, 07:45:36 AM
Had dinner with Tonitrus last night.  Soccer Mom Jeep and Yuppie Hipster FJ Cruiser.

Pics or it did not happen.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom