News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Russia would've invaded more countries if she didn't have such a crap navy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on November 04, 2012, 11:55:49 AM

Britain has invaded all but 22 countries in the world in its long and colourful history, new research has found.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.ht

There is some fairly loose definition of invaded.  It seems if a British sailor so much as walked on a beach it counts as invasion.  By this type of reasoning Russia has invaded the US when it colonized parts of Alaska as has Sweden, Spain, France, the Netherlands and Sweden.  The example of an invasion of Gaul from Britain by Romans counting as invasion is really silly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Looks like some kid's about to get trampled.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 01, 2012, 02:38:48 AM
Watching a show about a flying aircraft carrier that hosts magic planes which can only be flown by pairs of young lesbian priestesses.

It is excessively Japanese.

So they keep all their aircraft fuel and munitions on deck at really inappropriate times?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 11:23:17 AM
Don't get the Hot Fuzz hate.  :huh: I thought it was wickedly funny on more levels than Shaun.

See, occasionally, you make sense.

It's also got, like, my favorite on-screen death.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2012, 10:43:34 PM
Hey, where is Yi?  I'm suppose to be stalking the little bastard, I can't do that if he's not here.

Going off the grid in time not to pay me what he owes me and Guller.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

This is for Ide:

I just ate some delicious peanut butter cup cookies. That is all.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on November 04, 2012, 04:33:29 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on November 01, 2012, 02:38:48 AM
Watching a show about a flying aircraft carrier that hosts magic planes which can only be flown by pairs of young lesbian priestesses.

It is excessively Japanese.
So they keep all their aircraft fuel and munitions on deck at really inappropriate times?
I don't think that the Japanese were big on that.

At any rate, pilot training was more important.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2012, 04:47:07 PM
This is for Ide:

I ate a burrito and big bowl full of melted cheese. :)
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Looks like they are going to cut up Big E instead of making her a museum.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on November 04, 2012, 04:52:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2012, 04:47:07 PM
This is for Ide:

I ate a burrito and big bowl full of melted cheese. :)

:yucky:

MY GERD!

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2012, 05:11:39 PM
Makes sense.  Once they take out all the reactors and such, there probably wouldn't be all the much left.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 04, 2012, 05:11:39 PM

And they will name a carrier after President Romney instead of having a new Enterprise...sigh...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM