News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 13, 2012, 02:00:32 PM
I think penguin/crocodile necrophilia would be pretty easy to shrug off.

Tell that to the crocodile's family.

CountDeMoney

Turned on the fireplace for the first time, thus beginning one of the sacred events of the natural world with the yearly "Migration of The Puddytat", as she vacated the bed for her seasonal wintering spot in front of the fireplace until spring.

mongers

Maybe it's a parable about the difficulties Linux developers have in being taken seriously in Egypt ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2012, 03:18:20 PM
Turned on the fireplace for the first time, thus beginning one of the sacred events of the natural world with the yearly "Migration of The Puddytat", as she vacated the bed for her seasonal wintering spot in front of the fireplace until spring.

:wub:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2012, 03:10:50 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 13, 2012, 02:00:32 PM
I think penguin/crocodile necrophilia would be pretty easy to shrug off.

Tell that to the crocodile's family.

The crocodile came on to me!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

Hey Argo is a pretty solid flick.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on October 13, 2012, 10:16:03 AM
Well, I think I just had the strangest dream I've ever had.  I dreamt I was a penguin having sex with a dead crocodile.  Also the Crocodile probably had AIDS since her husband did and he had recently died with truck carrying cars fell into the lake where he was and crushed him, (though to be fair they weren't always crocodiles.  Sometimes they were people).  There was another dead crocodile chick who who was coming on to me, but I don't think she was a widow.  I had killed these crocodile-people because they were they had tried to kill a friend of mine that was either penguin or a cat.  It's a little blurry.  Fortunately I saved his life.  I wasn't always a penguin ( I don't think), but people were pretty disgusted with my crocodile liaison and banished me (and the crocodiles) to where dead things are.  We floated to area where there a bunch of mangled corpses ( the whole thing, the the fighting crocodiles, sex with crocodiles occurred on a lake), which was weird, but the dead things didn't stay dead and one was a Tyrannosaurus who chased after me.  To escape the T-Rex I had to quickly paddle away riding the corpse of an eviscerated crocodile widow with AIDS.   I woke up at this point.

That was really, really, really really weird.  I sure as hell ain't going back to sleep anytime soon.  If you ever wondered what kind of dreams crazy people have, there you go.

Relax.  I'm pretty sure a crocodilian virus cannot be transmitted to a bird.  Go nuts.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 13, 2012, 09:13:46 PM
Hey Argo is a pretty solid flick.

Cool, checking it out at the 11:00am matinee on Monday.

CountDeMoney

Syt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CI8UPHMzZm8#!

QuoteThis audio clip from Y94 Playhouse Fargo, ND radio station was too funny to not find a way for more people to hear it so thus, this video. A lady asks for help getting deer crossing signs moved to lower traffic areas. "The government can guide deer to lower traffic areas"

:lmfao:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

hmm, I'm stuck, I just wasted the weekend trying and failing to fix my bikes.
I should take them to the repair shop...but now I've put so much work into trying to fix them to end up paying the same as if I'd done nothing to begin with feels so bad. Gah.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Oh and Syt.  Domino was easily the best bond girl.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2012, 05:34:55 AM
Oh and Syt.  Domino was easily the best bond girl.

This calls for a poll.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I already did a Bond music poll. Someone else do a Bond girl one. I'm cycling through all the movies with my avatars over the next weeks, anyways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.