The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2012, 10:58:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2012, 10:56:55 AM
I got an email from LinkedIn asking me if I knew Bootsy Collins :huh:

:lol:  Well? Did you?

I wish!  I did see his wife at CVS a few weeks ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on September 14, 2012, 10:56:55 AM
I got an email from LinkedIn asking me if I knew Bootsy Collins :huh:

That's awesome. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

go to google and type Bacon Number [any actor's name]

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on September 14, 2012, 12:51:53 PM
go to google and type Bacon Number [any actor's name]

Lucy Lawless's is only 2. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Groucho Marx is also a 2.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Most people are 2, even Obama.

Justin Bieber is 4.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Lettow77

I have thrown my weekend into chaos by inviting strange guests over to the apartment! It is not something I would ever typically do, but the university has a passel of Japanese at the moment, and I feel obliged to pass on the considerable hospitality I enjoyed from Japanese this summer. Besides, I know Martin TN is a miserable place to be, and they must be bored. I am sure my roommate and I can entertain them, but it sounds like a disruption to the easygoing and quiet life.

Strangers in the house! They'll assuredly drink up all of the alcohol.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

derspiess

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 14, 2012, 02:14:42 PM
Strangers in the house! They'll assuredly drink up all of the alcohol.

If they're Asian, it shouldn't take much for them to get drunk.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Don't be silly. They aren't Asian! They are Japanese. :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son