And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

HVC

:D shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.

*edit* Ed, not the actual crazy person.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on September 07, 2012, 04:28:46 PM
:D shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.

*edit* Ed, not the actual crazy person.

:D

QUIVER FULL!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Having a lady over to drink tea and discuss the Yukkuri life. I've got the nice china set out!

I am becoming involved in forming a royalist club on campus, and have been appointed overseer of the club's tea acquisitions. How delightfully quixotic!

Admiral Yi

Chicago school teachers are threatening to strike.

Which side is a partisan Democrat supposed to support?

citizen k

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 07, 2012, 06:00:17 PM
Chicago school teachers are threatening to strike.

Which side is a partisan Democrat supposed to support?

I imagine the most populist Democrats will support the teachers union.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 07, 2012, 02:18:44 PM
From my ongoing project, Sonnets about Seedy
corruption and chaos reach unholy congruence
In the unhappy city of Baltimore
A sadist seeks those from another eastern shore
Isolated by his Caucasian affluence,
Tainted by the town's odious influence
Seedy hides Asian women behind a decaying door
And there, strewn across the filthy floor
The host and his captive make furtive movements

A slow start turns to forceful aggression
pleas of protest come to naught
Her whimpering wavers, and presently founders
As she accedes to his obsession
Her host,  punishing her for being caught,
Gleefully Bagrations her black SS counters

:lmfao: :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

QuoteLast October Indonesia's government promised to provide all its citizens with health insurance by 2014. It is building the biggest "single-payer" national health scheme—where one government outfit collects the contributions and foots the bills—in the world. In just two years China has extended pension coverage to an additional 240m rural folk, far more than the total number of people covered by Social Security, America's public-pension system. A few years ago about 80% of people in rural China had no health insurance. Now virtually everyone does. In India some 40m households benefit from a government scheme to provide up to 100 days' work a year at the minimum wage, and the state has extended health insurance to some 110m poor people, more than double the number of uninsured in America.
http://www.economist.com/node/21562195

Lettow77

Quote from: The Brain on September 07, 2012, 04:20:53 PM
Do me! Do me!!!

While I think you deserve a sonnet, I am not the man to do it. I can't find the inspiration- you lack the pathos of a bitter racist democrat who lives in a black city, hates Japanophiles and lusts after asian women, and collects boardgames without regard to their proper use like some sort of modern reconceptualization of the dread Smaug and his hoard.

The Brain

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 08, 2012, 02:12:53 AM
Do me! Do me!!!

While I think you deserve a sonnet, I am not the man to do it. I can't find the inspiration- you lack the pathos of a bitter racist democrat who lives in a black city, hates Japanophiles and lusts after asian women, and collects boardgames without regard to their proper use like some sort of modern reconceptualization of the dread Smaug and his hoard.

I'm not bitter, true.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Do me! Do me!!!

:D Yikes.

jimmy olsen

POTM
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

CdM has had a rough couple of months around here.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point