News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Oh. And for most Jet isn't honest work. I have more than my fair share of days with nothing to do and I'm at quite a demanding high level school.
Some people....they do like 4 hours work a week.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on January 23, 2012, 10:24:42 PM
Oh. And for most Jet isn't honest work. I have more than my fair share of days with nothing to do and I'm at quite a demanding high level school.
That's not good.  You need to get used to a regular work schedule.  The later in life that happens, the harder it'll be.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Oh?

So, how do you get cats to Japan?  Airplane?  Cat container ship?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on January 23, 2012, 10:27:47 PM
That's not good.  You need to get used to a regular work schedule.  The later in life that happens, the harder it'll be.
It is hard yes.
There is a regular schedule of going to work everyday and all that but with little actual work at work some days
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

I've been researching JET a lot. All the work there won't be is something I look forward to.

Ho ho ho honest labour
It will never catch me
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Tonitrus

This is a good example of why the South lost. 

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Humane Society of the United States is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for killing a 7-month-old golden retriever in Middletown, Md.

Frederick County Animal Control gives the following account: On Wednesday morning, a resident in the 2900 block of Station Road in Middletown found his 7-month-old golden retriever puppy, Heidi, dead from an apparent gunshot wound. At about 9:30 a.m., the dog's owner had released Heidi and his three other golden retrievers outside to roam their farm, but when he called the dogs home, only three returned. A search of his property revealed that Heidi had been shot, and unfortunately did not survive.

Getting the serious attention of law enforcement, prosecutors and the community in cases involving allegations of cruelty to animals is an essential step in protecting the community.  The connection between animal cruelty and human violence is well documented.  Studies show a correlation between animal cruelty and all manner of other crimes, from narcotics and firearms violations to battery and sexual assault.

"The people of Maryland have no tolerance for wanton violence against animals, especially a young puppy on her own property," said Ashley Mauceri, deputy manager of animal cruelty investigations for The Humane Society of the United States. "We are hopeful that this reward will help find those responsible for this cruel act."

The Investigators: Frederick County Animal Control is investigating. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call 301-600-1544.

Josquius

Such people should be hung
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 24, 2012, 12:23:35 AM
Ho ho ho honest labour
It will never catch me

QuoteThis is a good example of why the South lost.

No shit

Sheilbh

They're discussing prior notification at Leveson.  The head of the Index on Censorship said countries with that law are 'not paragons of free expression'.  Then he cited Russia, Azerbaijan and Poland :lol:

Edit:  Looking for lessons from abroad.  'If we could deal with Hungary.  Possibly briefly as we may not linger too long there for lessons.' :lol:

The NGO guy pushed back though as Hungary's quite important.  Says many provisions in the media law generally seems innocuous even though Orban 'seemingly has a problem with democracy'.  But don't bring them in over here, there's fear and self-censorship.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tamas on January 24, 2012, 03:52:27 AM

No shit

You really oughtn't take Lettow as a good example of anything.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 24, 2012, 09:56:55 AM

No shit

I understand that the purpose of the JET program is to do just that:

Quote... to encourage international exchange at the local level by fostering ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth.

Just think: Lettow will be representing your country, as an example and paragon.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Sheilbh

I think this is the best correction I've read:
QuoteApology: Radio Times 28 January-3 February issue
Commando going commando slips through our editorial net
Share this episode

Written By
Radio Times staff
3:09 PM, 24 January 2012
Radio Times would like to apologise for a picture that has inadvertently been published in the new issue of the magazine.

It has come to our attention that an apparently innocent photo of the Royal Marines' 42 Commando unit – printed by Radio Times in good faith and issued by Channel 5's publicity department to promote the documentary Royal Marines: Mission Afghanistan – contains the sight of one of the marines playing a prank.

"I know that British soldiers serving in Afghanistan are well equipped, but seeing the roll call of Royal Marine gives the expression a whole new meaning," wrote one reader in a letter to RT this morning.

The unnamed marine is, like the rest of his unit, posing for the photograph dressed only in shorts. What we took to be the marine's finger proved, on closer inspection, to be another part of his anatomy.

We have redacted the picture above, but the 28 January issue of Radio Times magazine – on sale today, priced £1.40 – went to press before the mistake was noticed.

"We apologise for any upset caused to readers by the rogue member of 42 Commando," said Radio Times editor Ben Preston.
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-01-24/apology-radio-times-28-january-3-february-issue
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on January 24, 2012, 10:29:23 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 24, 2012, 09:56:55 AM

No shit

I understand that the purpose of the JET program is to do just that:

Quote... to encourage international exchange at the local level by fostering ties between Japanese youth and foreign youth.

Just think: Lettow will be representing your country, as an example and paragon.  :D

The awful thing is that Lettow, with his lack of criminal record, would probably be more likely to be selected despite his 1)layabout nature and 2)shocking mental illness.  (By contrast, my layabout nature is clearly negotiable and my mental illness is not shocking. -_- )
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)