News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

How hard can it possibly be?  :huh:
Unless the designers of it were on acid at the time, the part where the stuff comes out should be opposite to the part where you need to press down to make it work.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Christmas last year was kind of fun, but at 7 months, my little guy didn't know what was going on.

At 19 months this year, he doesn't get "Santa", or know that he's going to get presents, but he does point at our tree and say "pretty tree", and he's going to realize that there are toys in those boxes once he starts opening them.

It's going to be awesome.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on December 13, 2011, 01:19:26 PM
Christmas last year was kind of fun, but at 7 months, my little guy didn't know what was going on.

At 19 months this year, he doesn't get "Santa", or know that he's going to get presents, but he does point at our tree and say "pretty tree", and he's going to realize that there are toys in those boxes once he starts opening them.

:cool:

Next year is going to be pretty awesome.

I cannot wait to move into my house. Hopefully, I can find someone to rent my apartment pretty soon.

Ideologue

That is never socially acceptable.  Fat fucks.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2011, 02:12:45 PM

Moving into one's house?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

Christmas is 50 times better with little children around.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Oh, also, I get to interview at a book store.  Like, intellectually I know it's pretty shitty (not to mention so very cliche), but emotionally it feels pretty good.  Told me to bring my SS card (Social Security, not Schutzstaffel--it'd be pretty embarrassing if I brought that instead).  So I guess it's pretty solid, maybe.

I really, really did not want to count inventory.  A job that involves almost no real work where I can maybe associate with people (perhaps liberal arts-loser girls with cool haircuts, who won't judge me as they're at least as stupid and unemployable as I am) beats the shit out a job that, despite the chimpanzee-level difficulty of the actual work, still requires focus and which would probably involve long periods of solitude, if the pay's equal, which it likely is.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on December 13, 2011, 02:14:00 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2011, 02:12:45 PM

Moving into one's house?

That was in reply to Mr. Anger.  Oopsie. -_-
Kinemalogue

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 13, 2011, 01:21:12 PM

I cannot wait to move into my house. Hopefully, I can find someone to rent my apartment pretty soon.

Isn't there some kind of strange law in Quebec or custom, where everyone moves in and out on the same day? Like in July or August?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2011, 02:19:33 PM
Oh, also, I get to interview at a book store.  Like, intellectually I know it's pretty shitty (not to mention so very cliche), but emotionally it feels pretty good.  Told me to bring my SS card (Social Security, not Schutzstaffel--it'd be pretty embarrassing if I brought that instead).  So I guess it's pretty solid, maybe.

I really, really did not want to count inventory.  A job that involves almost no real work where I can maybe associate with people (perhaps liberal arts-loser girls with cool haircuts, who won't judge me as they're at least as stupid and unemployable as I am) beats the shit out a job that, despite the chimpanzee-level difficulty of the actual work, still requires focus and which would probably involve long periods of solitude, if the pay's equal, which it likely is.

:thumbsup:

Good luck Ide.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on December 13, 2011, 02:20:23 PM

Isn't there some kind of strange law in Quebec or custom, where everyone moves in and out on the same day? Like in July or August?

It's a custom and yes, there is. July 1st. I  get my house in early Feb. I'd like to not have to pay my apartment rent for 4 extra months.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 13, 2011, 02:19:33 PM
A job where I can maybe associate with people  beats the shit out a job that would probably involve long periods of solitude

I beg to differ.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 13, 2011, 02:39:58 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 13, 2011, 02:20:23 PM

It's a custom and yes, there is. July 1st. I  get my house in early Feb. I'd like to not have to pay my apartment rent for 4 extra months.

So how would that work then? They sublet from you for four months and then re sign with the landlord after that?