News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Hey guys. On the great barrier reef, diving is awesome. Boat has wifi. All is good.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habsburg

Quote from: Liep on September 23, 2011, 01:53:35 AM
Hey guys. On the great barrier reef, diving is awesome. Boat has wifi. All is good.

:thumbsup:

awesome, have teh fun!

Tamas

Quote from: Neil on September 22, 2011, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: Kleves on September 22, 2011, 05:37:04 PM
How does killing all the Sith bring "balance" to the Force?
Because they also killed all the Jedi.  In the end, only Luke was left, and he was a little bit of both.

"Bringing balance" was for Anakin, and I thought the story's intent was that the Jedis misinterpreted the prophecy: he did indeed bring balance, returning the Sith to the stage

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on September 22, 2011, 11:31:54 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2011, 10:51:48 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 22, 2011, 08:06:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2011, 07:56:35 PM
My last class 41% failed. <_<

there are no bad students, only bad teachers :contract: :P

who are your students? i mean like first year, more advanced?
Yup, Ms. Li is the worst teacher I know.

2nd year middle school, low level.

She sounds hot from your description.

You know, Asian, female, dumb.
She's 40.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on September 23, 2011, 02:18:32 AM
Quote from: Neil on September 22, 2011, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: Kleves on September 22, 2011, 05:37:04 PM
How does killing all the Sith bring "balance" to the Force?
Because they also killed all the Jedi.  In the end, only Luke was left, and he was a little bit of both.
"Bringing balance" was for Anakin, and I thought the story's intent was that the Jedis misinterpreted the prophecy: he did indeed bring balance, returning the Sith to the stage
Vader killed virtually all the Jedi, and then he also killed the Sith.  He also fathered Luke, who was neither Jedi nor Sith.  Thus, Vader brought balance to the Force.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

That's racist.

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 23, 2011, 09:47:32 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 22, 2011, 11:31:54 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2011, 10:51:48 PM
Quote from: HVC on September 22, 2011, 08:06:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 22, 2011, 07:56:35 PM
My last class 41% failed. <_<

there are no bad students, only bad teachers :contract: :P

who are your students? i mean like first year, more advanced?
Yup, Ms. Li is the worst teacher I know.

2nd year middle school, low level.

She sounds hot from your description.

You know, Asian, female, dumb.
She's 40.
So's Grace Park.  So what?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on September 23, 2011, 10:39:30 AM
My wife is watching New Galactica right now, so she's taken to shouting 'Cylon!' at the TV during Hawaii 5-0 commercials.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zanza

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-15031475
QuoteChina police detain man over 'sex slaves' in basement

Police in China have detained a man on suspicion of imprisoning and raping six women in a basement for two years and of killing two of them.

Reports said the man, 34-year-old firefighter Li Hao, had dug two rooms underneath the basement he bought in Luoyang city, Henan, four years ago.

He then kidnapped the women, all of whom are said to have worked in nightclubs or bars.
CdM's long-lost Chinese brother was caught... 

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 11:32:24 AM
My wife is watching New Galactica right now, so she's taken to shouting 'Cylon!' at the TV during Hawaii 5-0 commercials.
:lol:

But she shouldn't do that.  It can only end in wailing and the gnashing of teeth.  Warn her.  WARN HER!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on September 23, 2011, 06:38:43 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 11:32:24 AM
:lol:

But she shouldn't do that.  It can only end in wailing and the gnashing of teeth.  Warn her.  WARN HER!
I told her how it ends.  She was unperturbed.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point