News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on April 26, 2011, 08:23:00 AM
Actually, it reminds me, if Lettow wants a real example of my prejudices I might mention the method by which the Nazis might have won the war, but could not have with dive bomb fetishists running Luftwaffe procurement: the Ural and/or Amerika bomber.  Imagining Sverldovsk a smoking hole?  Now that's bias.
Except we know that wouldn't have worked, because we know that strategic bombing isn't really all that useful from a military standpoint.  Not only did the dive bombers have an effect on battles, but they were also much less resource-intensive than a useless strategic bombing campaign.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2011, 12:28:41 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 25, 2011, 11:02:19 PM
Really? Oh, well, not like I was old enough to see it in theater and remember that.

Neither was I, but I considered this common knowledge, at least in nerd circles.

Talking about Star Wars is not half as nerdy as debating whether Axis and Allies is a reasonable simulation of the Eastern Front in WW2.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on April 26, 2011, 09:26:36 AM
Really? Oh, well, not like I was old enough to see it in theater and remember that.

Neither was I, but I considered this common knowledge, at least in nerd circles.

Talking about Star Wars is not half as nerdy as debating whether Axis and Allies is a reasonable simulation of the Eastern Front in WW2.

Better, combine the two.

"If the Japanese army had Imperial Walkers ... "
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Zeus

Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2011, 09:30:04 AM
Quote from: Josephus on April 26, 2011, 09:26:36 AM

Better, combine the two.

"If the Japanese army had Imperial Walkers ... "

Aren't they already researching that tech path?
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Pat on April 25, 2011, 09:59:02 PM

Ungern-Sternberg, reincarnation of Genghis Khan... RISEN FROM THE DEAD!

Looks like Knife Boy from The Borgias.

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2011, 09:30:04 AM

Better, combine the two.
[/quote]

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Heh, some of the planned (but not built) German armour definitely would be a sop to the fanbois - and about as practical as Imperial Walkers.  :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1500_Monster
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2011, 10:28:47 AM
Heh, some of the planned (but not built) German armour definitely would be a sop to the fanbois - and about as practical as Imperial Walkers.  :lol:

If there is ONE Languishite that doesn't already know about these beautiful projects, we need to root him or her out and mercilessly punish them.  :P

You're only exempt because as a jew it's more than fair to keep these things at an arm's length.

Caliga

Quote from: Slargos on April 26, 2011, 10:32:13 AM
If there is ONE Languishite that doesn't already know about these beautiful projects, we need to root him or her out and mercilessly punish them.  :P
:lol:

In my imagination, the senior Nazi research scientists were a bunch of Tims. :w00t:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

You're only exempt because as a jew it's more than fair to keep these things at an arm's length.

You know, crazy as it sounds, some folks masturbate to stuff that *doesn't* involve Nazi Germany, and thus may not be familiar with its more esoteric hardware.   :P

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2011, 10:35:10 AM
In my imagination, the senior Nazi research scientists were a bunch of Tims. :w00t:
'
Funny 'cause it's true.  :hmm:

Caliga

Unpossible.  There is no need for any other than Ilsa the She-Wolf of the SS. :wacko:

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2011, 10:36:43 AM

You know, crazy as it sounds, some folks masturbate to stuff that *doesn't* involve Nazi Germany, and thus may not be familiar with its more esoteric hardware.   :P

You would have a point if it wasn't for the fact that this isn't familylife.org, it's languish.org wherein resides people with NO EXCUSE WHAT SO EVER for not already being familiar with the secret projects of the nutwaffe.  :P

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2011, 10:37:25 AM
Can you imagine waking up every morning in the Fueherbunker to a bunch of goddamn articles from Der Spiegel taped to your door with one word comments like "alarmiert! monströs! schrecklich!" written on top of them... with no further commentary!?  I would have double-offed myself too.  Poor guy. :(

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2011, 10:40:45 AM
Quote from: Malthus on April 26, 2011, 10:37:25 AM
Can you imagine waking up every morning in the Fueherbunker to a bunch of goddamn articles from Der Spiegel taped to your door with one word comments like "alarmiert! monströs! schrecklich!" written on top of them... with no further commentary!?  I would have double-offed myself too.  Poor guy. :(

:lol:

Nearly spewed my tea.  ;)