News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

I still to this day get exam anxiety dreams - where I'm supposed to write an exam, but I forgot when, where, and what course; or in a course I forgot to attend.

WTF is up with that? My daily work is way more stressful than university or HS, but I never have dreams about that.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

I still dream that I'm back in elementary school & that I can fly. It's a little unsettling.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 21, 2011, 09:05:06 AM
I used to have dreams regularly about having to go back to high school because I'd missed some credits for something.
I still have those. always the same class. which is odd becasue i did really well in that class.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Your dreams are fucking boring.

While I do have the rare nightmare where my teeth get shattered or knocked out, most of my dreams involve aliens, ninjas, explosions, women, etc. You know, the stuff you'd expect me to dream about.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2011, 09:26:57 AM

I also had a recurring dream about trying to climb my way out of hell(it was a fiery pit that went up indefinitely) and generally falling back in when I was near the top.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I had that hell dream once, after smoking some laced pot.

I have a cold right now, thanks to the fucking Indian winter we're having.  Why is it that some phlegm balls taste so salty?

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on April 21, 2011, 09:11:25 AM
I still to this day get exam anxiety dreams - where I'm supposed to write an exam, but I forgot when, where, and what course; or in a course I forgot to attend.

WTF is up with that? My daily work is way more stressful than university or HS, but I never have dreams about that.

I have a semi-recurrent dream about realizing one day halfway through a semester that there's a class I never bothered showing up to.

Not totally fanciful, but one professor I have isn't a big fan of showing up either.  It's hard to say who missed more classes.  In any event, we both showed up for the important parts.

Quote from: Admiral YiWhy is it that some phlegm balls taste so salty?

They have salt in them.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2011, 09:26:57 AM

While I do have the rare nightmare where my teeth get shattered or knocked out, most of my dreams involve aliens, ninjas, explosions, women, etc. You know, the stuff you'd expect me to dream about.

Heh, how can you tell the difference between your dreams and your favourite entertainment?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

If you want odd dreams - perhaps the oddest I remember was where I dreamed I was the group mind of a swarm of ant-like creatures, building a giant, hollow monument out of sand and saliva to my god, in the shape of an ant's skull - which was also myself. In that hollow monument was my nest, containing my eggs and grubs.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

I had a dream about a week ago which was a little strange.  I got up in the morning, and I had an important meeting at work, so I had to come no matter what.  Unfortunately, I saw a fighter jet circling my apartment building again and again.  I knew that it only a matter of time before it would crash into my building.

My worry was that I didn't take a shower yet, and I didn't want to come to an important work meeting without taking a shower.  However, I also didn't want to get stuck in a shower when the plane would hit my building.  Then the plane crashed into my building, thankfully in the neighbor's apartment, before I made my decision.  I was then trying to figure out whether I had the time to take a quick shower before I would have to evacuate the building.

Then I woke up.

MadImmortalMan

I had a dream last night that Neil Peart died. I was crushed.

Have you noticed the amount of spam from Amazon increasing dramatically recently? Maybe it's because I've been buying new types of things like groceries and such.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 21, 2011, 03:03:22 PM

Would you get on a BMW motorcycle and drive down to Mexico? :P
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Josephus on April 21, 2011, 04:32:17 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 21, 2011, 03:03:22 PM

Would you get on a BMW motorcycle and drive down to Mexico? :P

:lol: no.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers