And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 06, 2010, 03:11:36 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 06, 2010, 02:53:37 PM
If I'd paid $100 for a VHS...wow. Consider that they go for $2 or so now....

Yeah, but you'd have gotten a good 20-30 years worth of watching already.

Though, you're right, nobody's going to pay that much. That's why people would tape movies off the tv.  :D

HBO was my friend.  :)

I've got stacks of old tapes that are never watched anymore. Thinking about tossing them out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Yeah, I  remember when I was a kid most of the videos we had were taped....My mam had a little book recording what we had.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on February 06, 2010, 02:12:49 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 06, 2010, 07:56:43 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 06, 2010, 07:16:09 AM
I just got back from Jeju island, Korea's semi-tropical paradise. I think I ate some bad seafood on either Wed or Thurs, because I spent all day Friday throwing up or lying in bed. The worst part was when I thought I had thrown up all I could, then suddenly my stomach serves up a fresh batch of bile and stomach acid.   :x
I still have a headache and feel kinda crummy, but not as bad as yesterday. Still, I'm not touching seafood for at least a week, especially anything raw.

Other than that, it was fun.
Want to hit Seoul next Friday?

Do you not have a cell phone?

Text messages cost money. :contract:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlauIxEGDgA

:D

I love this guy's stuff

(note- name is nsfw)
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 06, 2010, 09:35:04 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 06, 2010, 07:56:43 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 06, 2010, 07:16:09 AM
I just got back from Jeju island, Korea's semi-tropical paradise. I think I ate some bad seafood on either Wed or Thurs, because I spent all day Friday throwing up or lying in bed. The worst part was when I thought I had thrown up all I could, then suddenly my stomach serves up a fresh batch of bile and stomach acid.   :x
I still have a headache and feel kinda crummy, but not as bad as yesterday. Still, I'm not touching seafood for at least a week, especially anything raw.

Other than that, it was fun.
Want to hit Seoul next Friday?

My flight leaves at 10:25am on Sat, so if I go out I likely won't be out all night; I'll probably grab a taxi back sometime after midnight i guess.

We can check out Ting Tings - it's run by a former manager at Gogos; it's much nicer than Gogos IMO.
Don't be a wimp, you can sleep on the plane!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

Having a maid is pretty convenient. But somehow I feel uncomfortable surfing the net while she works to clean our appartment.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on February 07, 2010, 01:45:28 AM
Having a maid is pretty convenient. But somehow I feel uncomfortable surfing the net while she works to clean our appartment.

Maybe you should have sex with her instead then.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zanza

She is over 50 I guess, so no, that's not an option. I'll just hang out at the pool until she's done.

garbon

How does that make her not an option? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Its icky. And usually not desirable
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on February 07, 2010, 02:21:05 AM
She is over 50 I guess, so no, that's not an option. I'll just hang out at the pool until she's done.

One day you'll be old enough to wish you could have sex with 50 year olds.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

You are supposed to follow the maid around, inspect her work and make sure she hasn't stolen anything.

n00bs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I remember not too long ago on this forum in a thread about ancestry I mentioned the thing about parents, grandparents constantly growing - 2,4,8,etc... so that go far enough back and any historical figure in your area who had descendants will be your ancestor.
QI just did that fact on the last episode I watched- a new one post-dating when I said that.
So.
Fess up.
Who is a BBC researcher?
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on February 08, 2010, 08:38:42 AM
I remember not too long ago on this forum in a thread about ancestry I mentioned the thing about parents, grandparents constantly growing - 2,4,8,etc... so that go far enough back and any historical figure in your area who had descendants will be your ancestor.
QI just did that fact on the last episode I watched- a new one post-dating when I said that.
So.
Fess up.
Who is a BBC researcher?
Doesn't hold up because of the tendency for cousins to marry.  Doubling won't continue.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: Neil on February 08, 2010, 09:01:07 AM
Doesn't hold up because of the tendency for cousins to marry.  Doubling won't continue.
Yep, but numbers still continue to grow albeit at a slower pace as you get further back.
The example QI used was that everyone on the panel was descended from Charlemagne.
██████
██████
██████