Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 31, 2010, 10:08:20 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 31, 2010, 07:59:22 PM
I dithered for a day, and the cheapest was either a $1400 flight whose return trip included overnight stays in both Newark and Beijing, resulting in a 36 hour travel time, or a $1500 that had a 1 hour turnover in Chicago. In February.

I went with a non-stop $1700 flight that left at a reasonable time.
How far in advance did you get your flight? My flight here was only about $1000, and while I got it only a few weeks in advance, it was one-way.

Do they not pay for your flights?  My friend teaches in Seoul and they pay for his flights home to the UK or anywhere else he wants to go every year.
They paid for mine.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I seem to have somehow backed my way into a corner of doing a computer games and hci related thesis...Now to think of ideas :o
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Archy

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Archy

Yes, the ones making the red cross tents and guarding the airport of Kabul.  ;)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Archy on February 01, 2010, 06:51:54 PM

I thought the Red Cross made Red Cross tents.

Josephus

Quote from: Archy on February 01, 2010, 06:51:54 PM

Is that David Gilmour on your avatar? (I know I asked you once, but never saw if you replied.)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HisMajestyBOB

I dithered for a day, and the cheapest was either a $1400 flight whose return trip included overnight stays in both Newark and Beijing, resulting in a 36 hour travel time, or a $1500 that had a 1 hour turnover in Chicago. In February.

How far in advance did you get your flight? My flight here was only about $1000, and while I got it only a few weeks in advance, it was one-way.

Do they not pay for your flights?  My friend teaches in Seoul and they pay for his flights home to the UK or anywhere else he wants to go every year.

I get a 2 million won re-signing bonus, which conveniently comes out to ~$1700. They stopped paying for flights because some foreign teachers were bitching about it, for some reason, so now they just give cash and two weeks vacation before the new school year.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jaron

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 01, 2010, 10:08:20 PM

I get a 2 million won re-signing bonus, which conveniently comes out to ~$1700. They stopped paying for flights because some foreign teachers were bitching about it, for some reason, so now they just give cash and two weeks vacation before the new school year.

You're a millionaire!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Savonarola

The Doomsday Clock moved today.  It's now:  Six Minutes 'til Midnight!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock