News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2009, 04:49:06 PM
Ah Sesame Street...one of the most annoying programmes in creation.
It varied so widely between enjoyable and dull as fuck and it seemed to last forever.

Unless smoking a large quantity of pot, of course.  :D

Otherwise, if you can remember it being "dull", you were probably already too old to be watching it.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on November 05, 2009, 05:01:09 PM

Otherwise, if you can remember it being "dull", you were probably already too old to be watching it.  ;)
Maybe, I dunno.
I remember some of it being really good, I loved the cookie monster. But those horrible poor quality animations about numbers and letters just annoyed me massivly.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2009, 05:08:47 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 05, 2009, 05:01:09 PM

Maybe, I dunno.
I remember some of it being really good, I loved the cookie monster. But those horrible poor quality animations about numbers and letters just annoyed me massivly.

They are aimed at kids young enough to still be unclear about counting to ten and recognizing numbers and letters. That's what the animations are for: re-enforcing recognition.

My kid isn't yet 4 years old; he already is basically too old for that, as he knows his numbers and letters already and is starting to spell out very basic words. 

Most people have only the vaguest memories of stuff that happened when they were 3-4.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on November 05, 2009, 05:14:46 PM
They are aimed at kids young enough to still be unclear about counting to ten and recognizing numbers and letters. That's what the animations are for: re-enforcing recognition.

My kid isn't yet 4 years old; he already is basically too old for that, as he knows his numbers and letters already and is starting to spell out very basic words. 

Most people have only the vaguest memories of stuff that happened when they were 3-4.

I think thats when it was, it was certainly before I started school. It was on Fridays when I was dragged down to my nanna's house every week.
I definatly knew my numbers perfectly well then, I don't think I learned my letters until school though. I think it was just the crappyness rather than a lack of educational value.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2009, 03:12:36 PM
Doesn't organic come from rotten organic stuff?
Are these: Space whales?
No.  Everything comes from space.

Organic chemistry relates to certain types of carbon compounds, many of which can be found in space.  Life processes are a subset of organic chemistry, not the whole of it.  Vast quantities of organic compounds are generated in space, especially the more simple methyls and ethyls.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 05, 2009, 05:26:39 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 05, 2009, 03:12:36 PM
Doesn't organic come from rotten organic stuff?
Are these: Space whales?
No.  Everything comes from space.

Organic chemistry relates to certain types of carbon compounds, many of which can be found in space.  Life processes are a subset of organic chemistry, not the whole of it.  Vast quantities of organic compounds are generated in space, especially the more simple methyls and ethyls.

Really, should you have to explain this to him?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

He just wants to drain the booze so he can stagger around drunk.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 05, 2009, 06:13:58 PM
He just wants to drain the booze so he can stagger around drunk.

I know I do!!!111 :w00t:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on November 05, 2009, 06:03:55 PM
Really, should you have to explain this to him?
Jos is a lower-class fellow from Northern England.  He doesn't know much about anything, other than coal-mining, binge-drinking and yobbish behavior.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

Best douchebag getting tasered by the cops video I've seen for a while   :lol:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=990_1257339127

Darth Wagtaros

Damn cake fell apart when I took it out of the pan.  I could blame myself for not lining the pan with parchment or using a boxed mix instead of making it from scratch.  But I'll blame Trader Joes instead.

Tore it apart and put it in a big bowl, layered with the chocolate custard that was supposed to be the filling, the whipped cream and cream cheese frosting, and some pudding to make a Death by Chocolate abomination.

The scraps taste pretty good.
PDH!

Neil

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on November 05, 2009, 09:34:43 PM
Best douchebag getting tasered by the cops video I've seen for a while   :lol:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=990_1257339127
Should have just shot the worthless scumbag.

jimmy olsen

Just learned a democratic congressman from Penn. is a former 3 star adimiral.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

What a couple idiots. Yes, that cop is an idiot too.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017