News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

They're... fine. Little Debbie products are better.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

It was... Interesting.
Not really like any snack generally available. At least not a mainstream one I've had. Maybe some Mr Kipling thing is the same.

It's not at all what I expected. I thought from the sound of the name and all the surviving nuclear war jokes it'd be something chewy and really fake tasting.
Instead it's basically a tunnocks tea cake but with a weird cake sort of thing instead of chocolate - the cake is a bit like manju.

So there.
Something familiar to you described with things that probably aren't familiar :p
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

It wasn't fake tasting?  What about the filling?  Perhaps its not the same as we had back in the day.

Razgovory

So, here's something.  The bank has foreclosed on my home.  I'll be moving soon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Oh shit, that sucks Raz.

Do you have a plan that you feel okay about?

Josquius

That sucks indeed. Hope there's something you can do.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2022, 03:45:10 PMSo, here's something.  The bank has foreclosed on my home.  I'll be moving soon.

:( :hug:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Yeah really sorry to hear that :(
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Damn, what happened Raz?

Razgovory

I live with my mom, and inflation has been a bitch.  We need 10k in 10 days but we have about 7k in all.  So hopefully we can move to an apartment.  I should be fine.  If worst comes to worst I can move the housing project for the disabled.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

Wishing you all the best, Raz. :hug:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2022, 04:10:08 PMI live with my mom, and inflation has been a bitch.  We need 10k in 10 days but we have about 7k in all.  So hopefully we can move to an apartment.  I should be fine.  If worst comes to worst I can move the housing project for the disabled.

Is there any chance you can at least sell it yourself and save the fees from the foreclosure?  Or is your mom underwater on the mortgage?

You don't have to go into those kind of details if you don't want to of course.

I hope everything goes well for you and your mom Raz. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2022, 04:10:08 PMI live with my mom, and inflation has been a bitch.  We need 10k in 10 days but we have about 7k in all.  So hopefully we can move to an apartment.  I should be fine.  If worst comes to worst I can move the housing project for the disabled.

Sorry to hear that, Raz. I assume you've already explored all possibilities? Do you have a Gofundme?

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2022, 04:50:44 PM

Is there any chance you can at least sell it yourself and save the fees from the foreclosure?  Or is your mom underwater on the mortgage?

You don't have to go into those kind of details if you don't want to of course.

I hope everything goes well for you and your mom Raz. :hug:

No chance to sell it.  We aren't underwater but the house is in poor condition.  We took out a big mortgage years ago when my dad got sick.  The monthly cost started out small but it's now at around a grand a month.  With a fix income and rising prices... local apartments seem much cheaper and we don't need nearly as much space as we have here, so we should be okay.