News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2022, 01:06:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2022, 10:36:44 PM
That was a good superbowl

QuoteCan't stop thinking about how the owner of the Rams worth $12.5 billion was able to receive a $100 million tax break to build a $5 billion stadium named after a student loan company while 45 million Americans owe $1.8 trillion in student debt and 600,000 are homeless. #SuperBowl

:P

Well if you start thinking about the owners you can never enjoy sports :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2022, 10:01:49 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 14, 2022, 01:06:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 13, 2022, 10:36:44 PM
That was a good superbowl

QuoteCan't stop thinking about how the owner of the Rams worth $12.5 billion was able to receive a $100 million tax break to build a $5 billion stadium named after a student loan company while 45 million Americans owe $1.8 trillion in student debt and 600,000 are homeless. #SuperBowl

:P

Well if you start thinking about the owners you can never enjoy sports :P

:zipped:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on February 14, 2022, 09:09:13 AM
It's too bad Derspiess doesn't post here much any more; I would have liked to have heard his take on this season for the Bengals.
Hope he doesn't mind me saying (if he still browses) but he was there. :)

Also, my uncle was there.  Turns out that Clark Harris (Bengal's long snapper) was coached by my uncle in high school and is best friends with his stepdad, who I went fishing with numerous times as a kid. :)

Tim, it was a great Super Bowl but the wrong team won.  WHO DEY!  Da Rams. :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

I love a dominant line. What the Rams defensive front did was a thing of beauty. Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen would be proud.

Obviously sucks for the Bengals. Three Super Bowl appearances and three devastating losses. But they had the ball with a chance to win or tie at the end of the game, hard to ask for more than that. They just didn't get it done.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on February 14, 2022, 12:54:04 PM
I love a dominant line. What the Rams defensive front did was a thing of beauty. Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen would be proud.

Obviously sucks for the Bengals. Three Super Bowl appearances and three devastating losses. But they had the ball with a chance to win or tie at the end of the game, hard to ask for more than that. They just didn't get it done.
The Bengals played a great game except for their o-line.  Makes it easy to know what to focus on for next year, especially since Mike Brown has the franchise QB now he is perpetually obsessed with having.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 14, 2022, 07:06:07 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 14, 2022, 04:29:27 AM
I used to quite like a bit of hippity hop so I decided to check the super bowl halftime show....
Wtf is this shit?
Sub 15 minutes and they've got a set and a billion dancers way outside the budget of most full time tours. I hope they are planning to use this for a tour and its not just a one off thing to be burned.

Have you never watched the Half time show?

This one was pretty toned down.

That's depressing.
I've caught bits in the past but with Beyonce et al it's a bit more expected, and I thought we might have moved on
██████
██████
██████

HVC

It's rhe whole point of the halftime show. It's like saying there should be less music in eurovision  :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

My girlfriend got irrationally upset over the washing up bowl and demanded we wash dishes in the stupid lazy student way.
Seems she isn't alone in this. All foreigners think washing up bowls are weird?

https://citymonitor.ai/economy/what-the-great-british-washing-up-bowl-says-about-the-economy
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

What the hell is a washing bowl?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Do your sinks not have stoppers?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

All the years I lived without a washing machine I never experienced the need for a separate bowl, I just used the sink. I was not aware of the British bowl, even if I was aware of the much weirder British no rinsing approach.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Yeah - my mum and dad have a washing bowl. But I don't think I've ever had one :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

My grandparents in Denmark washed dishes in a tub, and that's how I was raised too. To me it's part of the "I'm doing the dishes now" process.

Of course now I just rinse dishes off and put them in the dishwasher, so no tub required.

I don't have strong feelings on tub vs plugged sink. Either way is fine, really, though I have a mild preference for doing it the way I was brought up.