News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Maybe people should reconsider whether this is meant to be taken literally.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Threviel

Quote from: Threviel on August 05, 2021, 02:05:56 PM
I've been trying to get a planning permit for a thing. In Sweden every construction above a certain site needs a planning permission to be built, with increasingly complex demands depending on the thing to be built.

There are rules to this and one importan one is that the planning body has to give a response within ten weeks. It's a law and something that is very publicly stated with clear rules.

Before I sent in my papers I had a meeting with a handler in the planning office, so that I would send the correct papers and everything would be done correct from my side.

I sent in my papers in the middle of June, hoping to get a response well before winter. The ten week clock starts ticking. A week later I got a response requesting some further information. I tried to get in touch with the person that sent the request, she had gone on 5 week vacation and I was to send my response in 4 weeks. The request was unclear. I contacted the one I had had the meeting with and she explained some things but she could not, under any circumstances take over the issue.

I sent in my new information, the ten week clock is reset by that.

Four weeks go by, but I do not want to call immediately and make an enemy of the person handling my case. One week goes by and no news so I call. And get hold of the one handling my case, she'll look into it. Five weeks of my by law guaranteed maximum ten have gone by now.

She calls me the day after. Due to lack of time she cannot possibly get the case presented to the politicians actually deciding until September 23rd, well past my ten weeks limit. So she says: "Since I cannot make it in time I'll reset the time to today, that way I'll make it".

And I say, in a nice and friendly manner: "Thank you, most kind". I can do nothing else if I want success in my case.

I loathe the fuckwits working in public office. Loathe.

Two weeks ago she emailed me again. She had gotten all responses she needed from different official bodies, it was now time to send my request out for my neighbours to weigh in. Unfortunately she couldn't possibly make that in time for the September building board meeting, so she would have to postpone until the October meeting. She also sent me all responses from different bodies (local fire department, municipal health authority, transport administration and so on).

They were all dated, the latest one was sent to her the tenth of August, some twenty days before she contacted me to say that cannot possibly have time to prepare my application for the building board meeting in September.

And I say, in a nice and friendly manner: "Thank you, most kind".

That's now two months over my supposedly guaranteed response time.

Also, we own a property bordering on the relevant property, so she sent a letter to us since we are neighbours to ourselves. :bleeding: And the letter she sent was just some pre-prepared form and a copy of two emails I had sent her.

The Brain

Quote from: Threviel on September 10, 2021, 07:19:35 AM
Quote from: Threviel on August 05, 2021, 02:05:56 PM
I've been trying to get a planning permit for a thing. In Sweden every construction above a certain site needs a planning permission to be built, with increasingly complex demands depending on the thing to be built.

There are rules to this and one importan one is that the planning body has to give a response within ten weeks. It's a law and something that is very publicly stated with clear rules.

Before I sent in my papers I had a meeting with a handler in the planning office, so that I would send the correct papers and everything would be done correct from my side.

I sent in my papers in the middle of June, hoping to get a response well before winter. The ten week clock starts ticking. A week later I got a response requesting some further information. I tried to get in touch with the person that sent the request, she had gone on 5 week vacation and I was to send my response in 4 weeks. The request was unclear. I contacted the one I had had the meeting with and she explained some things but she could not, under any circumstances take over the issue.

I sent in my new information, the ten week clock is reset by that.

Four weeks go by, but I do not want to call immediately and make an enemy of the person handling my case. One week goes by and no news so I call. And get hold of the one handling my case, she'll look into it. Five weeks of my by law guaranteed maximum ten have gone by now.

She calls me the day after. Due to lack of time she cannot possibly get the case presented to the politicians actually deciding until September 23rd, well past my ten weeks limit. So she says: "Since I cannot make it in time I'll reset the time to today, that way I'll make it".

And I say, in a nice and friendly manner: "Thank you, most kind". I can do nothing else if I want success in my case.

I loathe the fuckwits working in public office. Loathe.

Two weeks ago she emailed me again. She had gotten all responses she needed from different official bodies, it was now time to send my request out for my neighbours to weigh in. Unfortunately she couldn't possibly make that in time for the September building board meeting, so she would have to postpone until the October meeting. She also sent me all responses from different bodies (local fire department, municipal health authority, transport administration and so on).

They were all dated, the latest one was sent to her the tenth of August, some twenty days before she contacted me to say that cannot possibly have time to prepare my application for the building board meeting in September.

And I say, in a nice and friendly manner: "Thank you, most kind".

That's now two months over my supposedly guaranteed response time.

Also, we own a property bordering on the relevant property, so she sent a letter to us since we are neighbours to ourselves. :bleeding: And the letter she sent was just some pre-prepared form and a copy of two emails I had sent her.

Must be bizarre to work in an organization that simply ignores deadlines.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Not that weird. Randomly attributed date with poor information/data to please corporate management have no real value.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Judge in Apple/Epic case issued a permanent injunction against Apple prohibiting in-app purchasing/redirect to other form payment systems.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

In honour of those whose working from home is coming to an end and are returning to the office.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3-gCRX23slw&feature=youtu.be

:lol:
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Looking forward to two Canadian women playing in the tennis finals tomorrow.  Yes I know one was forced by her parents to live in Britain after her birth, but she still has Canadian citizenship so we can lay claim.

Savonarola

Here's a website that allows you to see how your address has changed over the past 750 million years:

Ancient Earth

(Unsurprisingly, Florida has been underwater throughout a large part of that.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Savonarola on September 10, 2021, 02:52:46 PM
Here's a website that allows you to see how your address has changed over the past 750 million years:

Ancient Earth

(Unsurprisingly, Florida has been underwater throughout a large part of that.)

I learned when I was little that the mountains in Sweden are 400 million years old. Seems legit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Tamas

Bloody hell, used car prices just kept rising while I wasn't looking.

My car didn't start today, my Google-educated guess is on the alternator. Luckily there's a garage next door so I'll ask them on Monday to check it out.

But to get a feel for prices in case it's something more expensive, I looked around and... damn. When I bought this one, it was 10 years old 2.0 petrol, automatic Avensis with close to 100k miles in it. Cost me £2600.

The same setup (10 years old automatic 1.8 petrol Avensis, 100k run) right now, cheapest I could find is £4800. And sure it has more stuff than mine like a reverse camera etc but also it has had 3 owners which ain't exactly a positive sign. Bloody hell.

If I wanted to get myself an automatic Toyota for £2600 today, best I could would be an old Aygo.

Tonitrus

It's a bit of a drive up the road, but I have a 2015 Kia Soul (diesel, automatic) that I need to unload soon if you're interested.  :sleep:

Though I have an appointment with webuyanycar.com tomorrow...so it may not last long.  :lol:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Is that a Presidential Seal belt buckle?  :bleeding: