Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2021, 09:11:44 PM
Rangers game was running over the Copa America final  :D
It wasn't one for the purists :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 10, 2021, 09:11:44 PM
Rangers game was running over the Copa America final  :D

Bastards lost to the A's anyway. They did just well enough to ruin the Copa America Final for you. Typical Rangers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

:lol:

All said, that final was pretty mad. Nice to see Messi win something with Argentina.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Seeing the protests in Cuba which are pretty amazing and very strange to see. And the military is already being called out which is ominous :(

And talkies are literally being tankies in their support <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2021, 05:55:28 PM
In USSR, there was no nonsense with PDOs.  You had Soviet champagne and Armenian cognac.

Putin's Russia is a different matter.; he has decided to heavily troll France for some reason.  They do recognize a PDO for Champagne.  Except that the only wine permitted to use the same is domestically made Russian "shampanskoye," which is made using a method otherwise reserved for the cheapest rotgut sekt.  All other sparkling wines - including those from Champagne - may not use the term Champagne and must call themselves sparkling wine.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Pre-edit was so much more Paranoia-like. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on July 12, 2021, 01:18:26 PM

We all love Bubbly Bouncy Beverage, friend computer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Brain on July 12, 2021, 01:18:26 PM

more Kafka than Putin.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 12, 2021, 01:17:20 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2021, 05:55:28 PM
In USSR, there was no nonsense with PDOs.  You had Soviet champagne and Armenian cognac.

Putin's Russia is a different matter.; he has decided to heavily troll France for some reason.
I believe a close ally has a near monopoly - which probably helps.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

I picked up a compendium of the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy the other day.

I'm not sure when I last read it, but it's gotta be at least 20 years.

Man I love this book. :wub:

It gets dated just a tiny bit though - when Adams describes the wonders that is the Guide you realize he's describing - an e-book reader. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

I bought a raincoat today, turns out it's the first piece of clothing, excluding shoes that I've bought in 4 1/2 years.  :huh: :wacko: :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I'm at a loss how you would know that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 12, 2021, 07:59:47 PM
I'm at a loss how you would know that.

Purchases made with a credit card that provides easily searchable transaction records?

Mongers is in the habit of tracking his expenses in a spreadsheet, in a notebook, or budgeting software. It'd be as simple as flipping through each month and look at categories.

Eddie Teach

That still doesn't seem like a Mongers thing to do.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Even without a spreadsheet it seems like something easy enough to remember if you rarely do it.
██████
██████
██████