News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2021, 12:30:30 PM
Has America moved to Summer time or +1 hour today?

And canada
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on March 14, 2021, 12:33:26 PM

Of course the US has a different date for summertime. I'm sure there's a state that does summertime later or not at all just to be sure no one really knows what's up.

It's been almost 20 years.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2021, 12:35:31 PM

Of course the US has a different date for summertime. I'm sure there's a state that does summertime later or not at all just to be sure no one really knows what's up.

:D

I'm not sure how reality is a joke. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2021, 01:30:06 PM

America seems a bit early and the UK, to me at least is definitely too late, last Sunday in March is arbitrary, we should change it on the Sunday nearest the Equinox.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2021, 02:33:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2021, 01:30:06 PM

America seems a bit early and the UK, to me at least is definitely too late, last Sunday in March is arbitrary, we should change it on the Sunday nearest the Equinox.
The equinox is the 20th.  The US does it the last Sunday before the equinox.  The EU, the Sunday after the equinox.  The UK, 11 day after the equinox.

Personally, I think it should be dropped.  WW1 ended more than 100 years ago.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

The scars of The Great War still remain, on the fields around Verdun and our clocks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Yukon & Saskatchewan have it right. They now both never change.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Maladict

Quote from: grumbler on March 14, 2021, 03:22:06 PM

The equinox is the 20th.  The US does it the last Sunday before the equinox.  The EU, the Sunday after the equinox.  The UK, 11 day after the equinox.

Pretty sure it's the last Sunday of March for both the EU and the UK.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Maladict on March 14, 2021, 03:51:39 PM
Yep - and British Summer Time is the best part of the year. I hate the day or two after the clocks move but the long summer evenings are worth it :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

What I love is that Australia also does their clocks at a similar time, albeit the opposite way. So they vary in how much time difference there is dramatically through the year from quite reasonable actually to might as well be on Mars.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Maladict on March 14, 2021, 03:51:39 PM
Quote from: grumbler on March 14, 2021, 03:22:06 PM

Huh.  I looked that up and found that it was the 21st, but the official site says 28th. 

Maybe I can't trust everything I read on the internet!  :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Quote from: grumbler on March 14, 2021, 05:46:34 PM

Huh.  I looked that up and found that it was the 21st, but the official site says 28th. 

Maybe I can't trust everything I read on the internet!  :(

Nonsense.  It's reality that is wrong.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 14, 2021, 11:06:10 PM
BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH  :ph34r:

The Ides of March is perfectly good day to be born.  :ph34r:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?