Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Which channel is his little brother on?
Que le grand cric me croque !

FunkMonk

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 13, 2021, 03:11:13 PM
Which channel is his little brother on?

CNN.

I don't think they have his little brother interviewing him every day anymore.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 13, 2021, 03:04:23 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 13, 2021, 02:50:25 PM
Early on in the pandemic I remember seeing people on CNN and MSNBC discussing how absolutely presidential Cuomo looked in his COVID response. :hmm:
I've always been extremely confused by this given how bad things were in New York.

I understand having a lot of sympathy for politicians when they're just overwhelmed like New York was. But I don't get the presidential chat or the book deal etc. Especially when other nearby politicians managed to respond much more effectively (if with less regular press conferences in states where lots of media folks live).

I think it was almost entirely due to comparing Cuomo's news conferences to Trump's. Pretty low bar, honestly.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

I think it was 100% that.

Razgovory

The country was hungry for leadership.  Hell, I was prepared to give Trump a pass on stuff when it looked like was finally doing something.  I stated that his Coronavirus speech was the best of his career.  Then he tried to back-pedal immediately and undermined his own White House task force, pitted states against one another and would only send resources to Governors who praised him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2021, 12:29:08 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 11, 2021, 12:13:28 PM
If you have no grammar in english class. What do you do in English class?

Get long and tedious reading assignments addressing social issues you, as a young kid, have no context for. Wow this thing by Mark Twain making fun of some aspect of 19th century American society really makes me think.

I remember reading Maya Angelou's "Why the Caged Bird Sings" and I remember liking it but not understanding even slightly the social issues she was addressing in that story.

I mean that's what we did in Middle School and High School, but we did do some grammar in Elementary school. At least that's what I remember for elementary school. Grammar and basic reading comprehension.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

Went to Barcelona's harbor area this Friday for work and spotted this fish shop  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

Go in and ask to speak to the manager.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Last night I slept on a sprung mattress for the first time in probably eight years, it felt a bit odd.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

mongers

RIP Murray Walker, legendary motorsport commentator, 'the voice of F1' .  :(

mongers

Has America moved to Summer time or +1 hour today?

Liep

Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2021, 12:30:30 PM

Of course the US has a different date for summertime. I'm sure there's a state that does summertime later or not at all just to be sure no one really knows what's up.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on March 14, 2021, 12:33:26 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 14, 2021, 12:30:30 PM

Of course the US has a different date for summertime. I'm sure there's a state that does summertime later or not at all just to be sure no one really knows what's up.

:D