http://tonedeaftest.com/

Just what it says.

QuoteResult: Not tone deaf!
Stage A: 12/12
Stage B: 12/12
Stage C: 12/12
Final score: 36/36 = 100%

It's not a very subtle test, is it. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Syt on March 06, 2021, 05:07:04 AM
It's not a very subtle test, is it. :unsure:

There were a couple I had to replay.

Iormlund

Quote from: The Larch on March 04, 2021, 04:30:57 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 04, 2021, 04:27:36 PM
More than a month. But yes :contract:

I went off the top of my head, I have no idea what's the going rate at the moment.  :lol:

Sixteen weeks in Spain. IIRC 6 weeks have to be taken right away, then the rest as you see fit.

Source: A colleague of mine had a critter a few weeks ago.

The Brain

AFAIK 480 days in Sweden (divided between the parents as they see fit). If you have twins, triplets etc you get more total days AFAIK, but not 480 days extra per extra kid.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Today I learned that the 2012 online Diplomacy World Cup final lasted till 2016. Players played until in game year of 2005 (the game starts in 1901 and has half year turns).

https://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=93086
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

:lol: Looks like the Turkish player was finally put out of his misery during the 1946 turn. I don't think I'd have felt bad about that after seeing how much longer it went.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteRussia - no, I never really cared about the big picture. I just used your continued omission as an opportunity to post Harry Potter memes. I found that entertaining, and perhaps there was some psychological value in undermining you and in promoting myself.

:lol: Invite Italy to Languish now.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I got that info from this video about the board game, btw: https://youtu.be/oUaLEgzvMQs
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

I can easily see it.  Experienced players will trust no one and make no deals.  Perpetual stalemate.

Liep

It's time to find our Eurovision song. This year is not terrible not great and all songs feel very 80's.

This is the favorite. It gets a little better with the stage show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxKPinzits8
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on March 06, 2021, 02:54:08 PM
It's time to find our Eurovision song. This year is not terrible not great and all songs feel very 80's.

Don't they always?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Very 80s yes. I suspect deliberately so there.
Icelands song last year was genuinely decent. Shame it didn't get an airing.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

From an other thread.
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 05, 2021, 12:27:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2021, 12:15:52 PM
I went and got a haircut yesterday.  First since mid-November.  It feels glorious!
Depending on what's going on with my fringe I either have very long curtains or, like Gabrielle, can only see out of one eye :lol: :weep:

I cannot wait for barbers to re-open (I have a Turkish colleague who tells me that there's an underground network of Turkish barbers that are still open but apparently only for fellow Turks :lol:).

My hair is now long enough that I had to learn to tie it. Pony tails are my go to.

My son, who had 8 months of hair growth, now sports a side cut.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 06, 2021, 03:39:45 PM
Quote from: Liep on March 06, 2021, 02:54:08 PM

Don't they always?

There's usually some 90's Eurodance to be found.

But we will change something quite drastically this year, our song will actually be in Danish.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk