News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

NEVER COUNT OUT TOUCHDOWN TOM!!!  :showoff:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 07, 2021, 11:04:54 PM
NEVER COUNT OUT TOUCHDOWN TOM!!!  :showoff:

Old man Tom wants all those kids to get away from his Super Bowl Trophy.

I wondered if New England fans had mixed feelings about this one but I guess not ;) Congrats to Tom Brady, Gronk, and the rest of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Is anyone else slightly weirded out by the trend for male politicians in Europe to take off far more clothes than are necessary when they're getting the vaccine? :ph34r:

Am I the only person who just rolls up my sleeve to get an injection as opposed to taking off my whole or half of my shirt? :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Just you for the former.  :P
As for the latter, depends if have a sweater over a shirt or t-shirt. In the last case, no need to take off the whole.

Sheilbh

:lol: Okay I see people commenting on it on Twitter which is why I'm aware - so I feel it can't just be me :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

People commenting on it on Twitter.  :lol: New argumentum ad auctoritatem?

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 08, 2021, 06:38:39 AM
Is anyone else slightly weirded out by the trend for male politicians in Europe to take off far more clothes than are necessary when they're getting the vaccine? :ph34r:

Am I the only person who just rolls up my sleeve to get an injection as opposed to taking off my whole or half of my shirt? :blink:
Maybe its one of those things where to give the impression of doing something on camera you must oversell it far more than someone doing it normally?
Or a theory of this anyway.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

I've been seeing it as a common thing with younger gays who fit demos that allowed them to get vaccine already.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on February 08, 2021, 07:26:13 AM
I've been seeing it as a common thing with younger gays who fit demos that allowed them to get vaccine already.
:lol: The combination of the Instagays and any excuse to get their shirt off is powerful.

I've seen lots of people taking a sudden interest in the Croatian Finance Minister after he got his in a fairly tight undershirt. And in the UK the worst/most prominent example so far is, of course, Johnny Mercer in one of the clinical trials :lol:

I just feel like there's a very real risk that British politicians take note of this trend and we have a topless Boris Johnson on the evening news :x :ph34r: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

When does Merkel's term end, and has she already been vaccinated?

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 08, 2021, 06:38:39 AM

Is this what you meant?  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

More Olivier Véran than you will ever need. Too much for Sheilbh?  :hmm:

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on February 08, 2021, 08:17:39 AM
Is this what you meant?  :lol:
:lol: I saw that from El Pais's Twitter which prompted the thought.

But there's also been the Greek Prime Minister:

And semi-relatedly lots of people taking a sudden unusual interest in Croation finances after their Finance Minister posted his vaccination photo:

In the UK we've had full shirtless from some Tory MPs which I won't pollute the forum with.

It may just be that I follow lots of political gays and women who are flagging these pictures on Twitter :lol: :blush:

Edit: Also the Greek and French and others just made me wonder if I get vaccines wrong and am some sort of prude - because my approach is the same as the Croation guy.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

I don' think you can roll up a normal shirt high enough. So what stands out with somebody like the Greek guy is the need to do it without an undershirt on.