And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

<phone ringing sound>

Raz: "What?"

<computerized voice> This is social security administration.  We have disabled your social security number due to  illegal activity.  If you would like get your number back please press "1"

<Beep> <Woman attempting American accent speaks incomprehensibly.>

Raz: How dare you wake me during nap time!

<more incomprehensible speaking>

Raz: no, nap time!  It is a violation of Federal law for any federal agency to wake someone during nap time!

<more incomprehensible speaking>

Raz: I saw a non-reversible time today. It didn't look like a duck but rather a hubcap with a hundred screaming arms.

<silence>

Woman attempting American accent:  What?

Raz: please hold.

<elevator music begins to play courtesy of Youtube>

<phone call ends>
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Well, they could have been from *some* social security administration.   :)

In a delicious bit of character assassination I learned from the Economist that Princess Di failed her O levels twice.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2020, 04:28:47 PM
In a delicious bit of character assassination I learned from the Economist that Princess Di failed her O levels twice.

Did she get her O face on the third try?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Did she have to take some O supplements?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Bob Dylan sold his catalogue for $300 million to Universal.  From NPR.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Threviel

Well, they could have been from *some* social security administration.   :)

In Sweden we have a test that anyone can take and about 20ish percent of all university spots are set aside to those that take the test. The results can be between 0.0 and 2.0 based on 122 multi choice questions. The result is standardized every test so that the participants are placed on a bell curve. A more or less equal amount of participants ought to get every result available.

If one were to only answer say, a, on every question the result should be something like 0.2-0.3 depending on the normalizing.

The dude that married our future queen took the test, the result is public and he got 0.1.

alfred russel

Is he a good looking guy at least?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2020, 07:23:05 PM
Bob Dylan sold his catalogue for $300 million to Universal.  From NPR.

It seems everyone sells out in the end.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: Threviel on December 08, 2020, 01:48:43 AM
In Sweden we have a test that anyone can take and about 20ish percent of all university spots are set aside to those that take the test. The results can be between 0.0 and 2.0 based on 122 multi choice questions. The result is standardized every test so that the participants are placed on a bell curve. A more or less equal amount of participants ought to get every result available.

If one were to only answer say, a, on every question the result should be something like 0.2-0.3 depending on the normalizing.

The dude that married our future queen took the test, the result is public and he got 0.1.
:lol: Yes the royals and aristocracy are not bred for brains, bless them.
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

He's actually a regular guy from a small village in Sweden. He was her personal trainer and that way he could start a fashionable gym and get rich enough to be allowed to marry her.

He seems very nice and is very supportive of her. Let's just say that I believe they are each others intellectual equals.

Syt

Does the test measure education or intelligence? Because I believe you can be uneducated yet quite smart.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2020, 08:01:53 AM
Does the test measure education or intelligence? Because I believe you can be uneducated yet quite smart.
I'm willing to bet our royals are both uneducated and not very bright :P

It may be different in other countries.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

King Felipe has like 1000000000000000000000000 degrees and shit, and he's jokingly nicknamed "el preparao" (the educated one). All of them useless for the demanding tasks of giving speeches and looking royal.

I don't think I've ever heard him talk outside of prepared speeches, so honestly can't vouch for his actual levels of smarts.

Caliga

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 08, 2020, 08:08:44 AM
I'm willing to bet our royals are both uneducated and not very bright :P
I thought Prince Charles was bright, or at least a big nerd?  Hence why it might not have worked out when he married a cheerleader type. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points