News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Ah, Namibia - a land untouched by German genocide!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Threviel

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2020, 04:24:10 PM
Fortunately the tiny population of Namibia has a large amount of lebensraum and very few Jews. I think we are safe.

I had a friend tell me a story about Namibia once, he was out travelling the world in '95 or so. Apparently, in Windhoek, it was still then the habit to have nice sing-alongs in bars with good songs. Like 'Die fahne hoch', 'Panzerlied' and 'Deutschland Erwache'.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Mandatory group picture of all the celebrity deaths of 2020:

If you want to see who is who:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoN0yKtXIAMtUdL?format=jpg&name=large

celedhring

Bryant center row while Maradona is shunted to the top right corner. Guess a yank made it  :sleep:

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2020, 10:05:18 AM
Bryant center row while Maradona is shunted to the top right corner. Guess a yank made it  :sleep:

Bryant died in January, Maradona only a few days ago. I guess the picture was mostly done by the time he had to add El Diego.  ;)

He gave him #10 in the who is who list despite his position, nevertheless.

Duque de Bragança

I see no Giscard d'Estaing. :(

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 05, 2020, 10:13:14 AM
I see no Giscard d'Estaing. :(

Too late/Too French? The selection of celebities skews heavily anglo, I doubt there are more than a handful non North American/UK celebrities in there.

Syt

I don't understand the Lego spaceman :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2020, 10:23:38 AM
I don't understand the Lego spaceman :unsure:

It's for the creator of the Lego figures, who passed away in February.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

I think I missed that - they gave me more fun as a kid than just about anything else :(
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2020, 10:41:42 AM
I think I missed that - they gave me more fun as a kid than just about anything else :(

Heh, they give me more fun as an adult than just about anything else  :blush:

Maladict

Habitat is gone? Also, they should have put Herman Cain in without a mask.

The Larch

Quote from: Maladict on December 05, 2020, 12:08:30 PM
Habitat is gone?

Habitat?

QuoteAlso, they should have put Herman Cain in without a mask.

He's one of the millions of Covid victims represented by the marks on the floor.