Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 02, 2020, 11:29:53 AM
*Click*
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54782634
QuoteRussian oligarch nicknamed the 'Sausage King' killed in sauna with crossbow
Hmm, I wonder what's going on.  Just a week ago, the ruler of Vyborg and Vitaly Petrov's father, was shot.  This kind of gangland violence hasn't really been the norm after Putin became the boss of bosses.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on November 02, 2020, 11:40:01 AM
*Click*
QuoteRussian oligarch nicknamed the 'Sausage King' killed in sauna with crossbow
Hmm, I wonder what's going on.  Just a week ago the ruler of Vyborg and Vitaly Petrov's father was shot.  This kind of gangland violence hasn't really been the norm after Putin became the boss of bosses.

Reminds me of the great old boardgame Assassin. Always hilarious when the killer used a bomb in a china shop.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Assassination via crossbow eh? Nice old fashioned Muscovite calues coming back in fashion in Russia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

*Click*
Hmm, I wonder what's going on.  Just a week ago, the ruler of Vyborg and Vitaly Petrov's father, was shot.  This kind of gangland violence hasn't really been the norm after Putin became the boss of bosses.

Apparently going through a bad divorce. what are the odds the soon to be ex didn't want the court to decide?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

*Click*

Maybe these are waves cast by the already beginning power struggle for post-Putin times? I remember reading not too long ago that in order to keep the oligarchs committed to him, Putin avoided raising up any potential heirs. Which means once he is gone there is no clear successor. Never a good thing in a feudal monarchy.

crazy canuck

Cant focus very well today.  Tomorrow may be a complete write off.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 02, 2020, 06:24:04 PM
Maybe these are waves cast by the already beginning power struggle for post-Putin times? I remember reading not too long ago that in order to keep the oligarchs committed to him, Putin avoided raising up any potential heirs. Which means once he is gone there is no clear successor. Never a good thing in a feudal monarchy.
Yeah I've heard from journalists in Russia that the focus of everyone in Moscow is on 2024 because no one knows.
Let's bomb Russia!

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 02, 2020, 06:36:12 PM
Cant focus very well today.  Tomorrow may be a complete write off.

:hug:

Same. :( I have a feeling most of the week is going to be rough, because no matter who wins, this is going to get ugly.

Also, if Trump wins, will you adopt me, please? The dogs get along.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

The show with the Nazi woodsman has been pulled :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 03, 2020, 09:03:57 AM

Phones up libel lawyer.

Shelf for future reference, you should know no self-respecting Nazi carpenter would be happy to be called a woodsman.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 03, 2020, 09:03:57 AM

Damn. He was the winner, wasn't he!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Did Lee Mack offer any commentary?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on November 03, 2020, 09:30:01 AM
Did Lee Mack offer any commentary?
Poor Lee Mack - at least he's got some material from it all.
Let's bomb Russia!