News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 29, 2019, 08:52:07 AM
Rated by Forbes as America's best place to hide a body.  :)

someone plz tell katmai
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

derspiess

My kids' bus driver got stuck in a cul-de-sac, then struck a fire hydrant trying to get out the other day.  Never had fun shit like that happen when I was a kid :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Applying the Yi rule: 4 Canadian provinces, 4 (soon-to-be 7) European countries, 3 Chinese states, and 32 US states
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Iormlund

Quote from: Savonarola on April 29, 2019, 08:20:49 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on April 28, 2019, 05:05:22 AM
Two US states, 9 countries, four different continents.

I hate traveling. Which reminds me I have to start preparing the luggage for next week.

Heh,

You said this job was going to be less travel than your last one.  Did that pan out, or is it every bit as bad?

It's much, much better. This is the first business trip I'll make in two years. And I'll spend most of the time chillin' with my bro in Berlin on the return leg.

It helps that there are travel restrictions in place to save costs.  :P

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2019, 03:35:27 PM
Quote from: The Brain on April 29, 2019, 12:41:16 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 29, 2019, 08:52:07 AM
Rated by Forbes as America's best place to hide a body.  :)

someone plz tell katmai
tell me what?

:huh: The best place to hide your body.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Peter Mayhew R. I. P. :(
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Savonarola

Quote from: Iormlund on May 02, 2019, 02:40:38 PM
It's much, much better. This is the first business trip I'll make in two years. And I'll spend most of the time chillin' with my bro in Berlin on the return leg.

It helps that there are travel restrictions in place to save costs.  :P

Good for you; Alstom's idea of lowering travel costs is to reduce the amount of money we can spend on hotels and meals.   :glare:

I do love to travel, though, even for business.  I've been to 33 US States, Washington DC, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands; 3 Canadian provinces; 13 European countries, 26 countries total and 6 continents.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Iormlund

Engineering is a great career if you like traveling. I could easily aim for a three or four different roles within the organization that would involve extensive travel, if I that's what I wanted.

Not that I want to. I could be tempted to do it for a while for a lot of money, but we grossly underpay field engineers. Which of course leads to personnel shortages which leads to more hours/travel required, in a beautifully perverse loop.

mongers

One for the diary, April 13, 2029 -  Asteroid flyby by 99942 Apophis, to within 31,000 km of Earth.

:cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Facebook has banned, among others, Alex Jones of Infowars, Milo Yoolipolopolis, and Sweet Louis Farrakan. On hate speech grounds.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPHa9jO3w0A

Did any of youse guys hear about Michael Avennati (Stormy Daniel's atty) getting arrested 3/25 for extorting Nike?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 04, 2019, 07:00:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPHa9jO3w0A

Did any of youse guys hear about Michael Avennati (Stormy Daniel's atty) getting arrested 3/25 for extorting Nike?

If the shoe fits.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 04, 2019, 06:35:12 PM
Facebook has banned, among others, Alex Jones of Infowars, Milo Yoolipolopolis, and Sweet Louis Farrakan. On hate speech grounds.

Stable doors?