The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

That picture perfectly encapsulates my memories from Vienna  :lol:

Habbaku

Bier plus hot minus dogs = ?

Can someone help with the equation?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on April 01, 2019, 12:40:29 PM
That picture perfectly encapsulates my memories from Vienna  :lol:

This is the place during daytime: https://goo.gl/maps/uJrkk5uiKgH2
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Apparently Prince Harry has called for a ban on Fortnite.  :huh:

Duque de Bragança

Griezmann up in arms!  :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on April 04, 2019, 11:20:35 AM
Apparently Prince Harry has called for a ban on Fortnite.  :huh:

:lol:  My kid used to play it near-obsessively, but slacked off to only joining when his school friends were on.  Now he's hardly playing at all.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

All I've seen of it paints a disturbing picture.
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

What's the difference with the millions other shooters out there?

Valmy

People have heard of it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2019, 07:45:30 PM
People have heard of it.

I've heard of it, but I never really cared to look into it.  For some reason games were I get called "Fag", "Nigger", and "kike" by teenagers just doesn't excite me that much anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

That is any online game that allows players to communicate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 04, 2019, 11:26:20 PM
That is any online game that allows players to communicate.

Yeah. That's a big reason why I don't play online games much anymore.  If I wanted children to scream "MAGA, you fags!", at me.  I'd just go outside the city limits and drive around the county with a "I'm with her" T-shirt. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

I loved playing World of Tanks on the test server, where there was only one worldwide server, and the suffix in the user name helpfully identified US and RU players.  Nothing gets you closer to the visceral hate and disdain Russians have for Americans as they work through their inferiority complex.

Syt

Quote from: Zoupa on April 04, 2019, 06:14:23 PM
What's the difference with the millions other shooters out there?

Remember the Minecraft craze among kids from years ago? That's Fortnite now, except way more ubiquitous.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

At risk of sounding like a Conservative. Minecraft was a lot more wholesome too.
I've heard tales from people with kids about how fortnight has them behaving.... Big contrast to the Minecraft stories of getting kids interested in engineering et al.
██████
██████
██████