News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I picked up a £5 mobile VR headset. Basically google cardboard but in plastic. Just for the hell of it, why not.
It is surprisingly good....For a minute or two.
You slowly drift leftwards however.
It must be used in a spinny chair.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2019, 02:01:01 PM
Yeah, its not worth selling old phones really unless you're the kind of person updating every few months. Which is a nutty thing to do.

I've sold my previous two phones for ~$75 each with minimal effort, despite them being relatively old. It was pretty worth it.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on March 13, 2019, 04:20:45 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 13, 2019, 02:01:01 PM
Yeah, its not worth selling old phones really unless you're the kind of person updating every few months. Which is a nutty thing to do.

I've sold my previous two phones for ~$75 each with minimal effort, despite them being relatively old. It was pretty worth it.

You sound like a poor.

I miss Ed. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on March 13, 2019, 04:17:39 PM
I do sometimes sip things out of a shot glass, though.

Much better to sip from a rocks glass.

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2019, 09:14:06 AM
All you cities worse than Caracas better be in actual warzones or I don't know what the hell you are doing.
I've been in Khartoum a couple of years ago and it seemed fairly safe.

Oexmelin

Quote from: Zanza on March 13, 2019, 05:16:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2019, 09:14:06 AM
All you cities worse than Caracas better be in actual warzones or I don't know what the hell you are doing.
I've been in Khartoum a couple of years ago and it seemed fairly safe.

It may have been judged more harshly on the other components of that criteria - like corruption, law enforcement, censorship.

What I find fascinating is that these rankings rewards authoritarian regimes which build their corruption into their system, and disparages those that make it more conspicuous. These are rankings for highly-mobile expats who will enjoy the benefits of their own regimes - esp. a passport - regardless.
Que le grand cric me croque !

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 13, 2019, 04:44:08 PM
Quote from: Caliga on March 13, 2019, 04:17:39 PM
I do sometimes sip things out of a shot glass, though.

Much better to sip from a rocks glass.

I like sipping whiskey from a shot glass. I tend to pour too much into a rocks glass.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2019, 10:12:44 PM
I like sipping whiskey from a shot glass. I tend to pour too much into a rocks glass.

With a rocks glass you don't have to make that girly flute playing face.

Caliga

This.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 13, 2019, 10:23:02 PM

With a rocks glass you don't have to make that girly flute playing face.

Well, somebody is sure insecure.

Tamas

I was playing around with my espresso maker's water amount settings this morning, ended up with a full espresso cup instead of 1/3rd full as usual, but still I drank it. Big headache is now going away but in exchange I am feeling really weird.

If this is my last post you'll know why, at least. :P

Liep

Are you going full Crank?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

I have survived the coffeine overdose and now I think I am about to crash.