News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Luke Perry is on the show Riverdale. I like that show and he was one of the lead cast members, so I wonder how they'll handle him being gone. Bring in a replacement or write the character out of the show?

Admiral Yi

Kylie Jenner is the youngest ever self-made billionaire, at age 21.  Beat out Zuck by two years.

The Larch

Just arrived in Edinburgh for a short visit. Weather here seems to be nicer than back home at the moment.  :scots:

mongers

I had a minor medical procedure yesterday morning and they gave me two lots of local anaesthetic, wtf I spent the rest of the day overcoming the nausea, resorted to walking around the area to work off the effects, a wasted day. 

I should  have insisted on not having them and put up with a few minutes of pain.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Would one dose have been better?  Why did they give you two?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on March 07, 2019, 10:16:24 AM
I had a minor medical procedure yesterday morning and they gave me two lots of local anaesthetic, wtf I spent the rest of the day overcoming the nausea, resorted to walking around the area to work off the effects, a wasted day. 

I should  have insisted on not having them and put up with a few minutes of pain.  <_<

It is a very tricky thing to judge.  Everyone reacts differently.  They walk a line between too little causing too much pain and too much having the effects you suffered.  But I am with you, if I am having local I tell them I can put up with some mild pain and discomfort.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 07, 2019, 11:32:43 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 07, 2019, 10:16:24 AM

It is a very tricky thing to judge.  Everyone reacts differently.  They walk a line between too little causing too much pain and too much having the effects you suffered.  But I am with you, if I am having local I tell them I can put up with some mild pain and discomfort.

Indeed, my fault for not insisting.

To Derspiess, two different places.

mongers

Brilliant, just brilliant:

New summer rail timetables set for May

New summer train timetables will come into force on 19 May, with 1,000 services added to relieve overcrowding.

Rail bosses will be hoping that the introduction will be more successful than last year's fiasco, when a similar exercise caused severe disruption on the country's train network.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47490572

:rolleyes:

Josquius

Can't they announce these things many more months in advance before tickets on the existing timetable even go on sale?
Pff.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

So the kitchen ceiling caved in.  There appears to be a leak in the roof.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2019, 01:50:19 AM
So the kitchen ceiling caved in.  There appears to be a leak in the roof.

ouch  :(

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2019, 07:56:38 PM
Kylie Jenner is the youngest ever self-made billionaire, at age 21.  Beat out Zuck by two years.

Pretty interesting use of self made there.

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on March 10, 2019, 02:25:16 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2019, 07:56:38 PM

Pretty interesting use of self made there.

Not really.  Nothing about her is really that interesting, except her exceptional skill at monetizing being famous merely for being famous.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

I'd suggest that means she has a fair amount of business acumen. People have been elected President for less.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 10, 2019, 05:39:40 PM
I'd suggest that means she has a fair amount of business acumen. People have been elected President for less.

So she should definitely run next eligible time?