News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: celedhring on February 27, 2019, 03:14:30 PM
Question for the brits: what are the most reputable medical schools in the UK? It's for a script I'm working on. Preferably not Oxbridge.

Guardian guide for UK medical schools :

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2018/may/29/university-guide-2019-league-table-for-medicine

The minimum standard is quite high and all the places at these schools are over-subscribed.

celedhring

Thanks! I'll take Barts for the Sherlock Holmes reference  :cool:

Valmy

I am in the hospital with my wife getting ready for the birth of our third baby. Fortunately I don't have to do much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on February 28, 2019, 12:10:37 PM
I am in the hospital with my wife getting ready for the birth of our third baby. Fortunately I don't have to do much.

Congrats man !  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Threviel

Congrats and good luck! I found all of that horrible myself.

Malthus

Wow, congratulations to both of you!  :hug:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

:cheers:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

As you know, you'll still be exhausted.  Congrats!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

celedhring

Congratulations!!!!!!  :hug: :cheers:

Malthus

First baby drops a pacifier: wash carefully, sterilize it with hot steam, let cool, return.

Second baby drops a pacifier: wash carefully, return.

Third baby drops a pacifier: did it actually fall into shit? No? Wipe on shirt and return.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on February 28, 2019, 04:45:00 PM
First baby drops a pacifier: wash carefully, sterilize it with hot steam, let cool, return.

Second baby drops a pacifier: wash carefully, return.

Third baby drops a pacifier: did it actually fall into shit? No? Wipe on shirt and return.

;)

What would you know about having three kids? :yeahright:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on February 28, 2019, 04:45:37 PM
What would you know about having three kids? :yeahright:

Through observation, not personal experience!  :lol:

Never broke out of the anxious first parent stage.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch