News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

The garage has given me a Mitsubishi Colt as a courtesy vehichle. I guess it's not TOO bad but damn it feels light, small, and cheap. 40 miles per day in this is not going to be fun.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on February 18, 2019, 04:46:24 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 17, 2019, 02:22:41 PM
Did anyone get around to doing a Fitness 2019 thread? :unsure:

Get on it! I need a place to post about my upcoming bike trip in Portugal :P

Where are you planning to go? If you're anywhere around the north at some point let me know! :cheers:

Threviel

Quote from: Tamas on February 18, 2019, 04:53:13 AM
The garage has given me a Mitsubishi Colt as a courtesy vehichle. I guess it's not TOO bad but damn it feels light, small, and cheap. 40 miles per day in this is not going to be fun.

I usually get a Skoda Fabia. Man, that is a tiny plastic cheap car. I never learn either, so every time I fill it up I have to read the manual.

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on February 18, 2019, 06:36:03 AM
Quote from: Tamas on February 18, 2019, 04:53:13 AM

I usually get a Skoda Fabia. Man, that is a tiny plastic cheap car. I never learn either, so every time I fill it up I have to read the manual.

This one feels particularly light and unsafe because it barely has a nose compared to my (beautiful but old) Toyota Avensis.

Having to switch the manual gears after years of not doing so has been quite easy (first time doing that with my left hand!). Only thing I'll need to be careful with is starting on hills in queues - an automatic holds you in place where of course a pressed-in clutch will not.  :D

Tamas

The Visergrad 4s had organised a meeting in Tel Aviv of all places earlier, since Netanyahu has been increasingly trying to use Orban and Polish Potato's playbook as I understand.

But it has been cancelled with Orban's plane already enroute. :D

Netanyahu said something about Poles being collaborators in the Holocaust, Poles got offended, and the Israeli Foreign Minister doubled down by quoting some old Polish Holocaust survivor who said "Poles drank anti-semitism with mothers milk" or somesuch. Poles after that cancelled their visit which prompted the Czech PM to cancel the whole thing.

:lmfao: I guess this is the problem when you try to build a team out of nationalistic populists.

Tamas

The police officers participating in this apprehension of a convict escaping from his trial at court got a medal:
https://youtu.be/rBT1E6hNJsY

I am not exactly certain why.

You can see the guy taking the court guard hostage.
Next CCTV shows him running with his leg-cuff still on one of his legs, with policemen in tow.
He stops a Mercedes with the gun he has.
This was a wrong choice though, as the driver seems to be one of his colleagues and actually fights him. The police officers watch to see who wins.
Convict gets out of the driver's hold and "runs" on. At this point he doesn't stop to the warning shot and gets shot down by the officers.
He receives 7 hit (survives). 2 civilian cars get hit as well.

I mean... They can't catch up with a guy with a cuff on his leg. Then they stand and wait while a civilian is in a life-death struggle with an armed attacker. Once said civilian successfully makes the perpetrator flee, they wait until he is in the smack middle of a bunch of civilian cars and start emptying their magazines into him.

Grey Fox

They didn't shoot any innoncent bystanders?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on February 18, 2019, 07:08:57 AM:lmfao: I guess this is the problem when you try to build a team out of nationalistic populists.

Is like the joke about why the 1st International Xenophobes Conference failed, because nobody wanted foreigners involved.  :P

mongers

:cool:

Will do.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on February 18, 2019, 04:58:24 AM

Where are you planning to go? If you're anywhere around the north at some point let me know! :cheers:

Mainly I'll be cycling in the south (I'll be flying home from Malaga), but I'd like to take 4-5 days cycling break up there if I can find a hotel that'll store my bike. Depending on how easy it is to take a train to Porto or Galicia from southern Portugal.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on February 18, 2019, 09:02:24 AM

Mainly I'll be cycling in the south (I'll be flying home from Malaga), but I'd like to take 4-5 days cycling break up there if I can find a hotel that'll store my bike. Depending on how easy it is to take a train to Porto or Galicia from southern Portugal.

Southern Portugal is mostly flat, unlike northern Portugal. It's not a detail for a cyclist I guess.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on February 18, 2019, 09:02:24 AM

When are you planning to do this trip? Spring?

Admiral Yi

is there a more pointless holiday than President's Day?

Oexmelin

No. It should be rededicated to the abolition of slavery.
Que le grand cric me croque !