And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 29, 2017, 05:22:42 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2017, 02:53:12 AM
You know what I'd like to see. A site that examines alternative medicine neutrally and scientifically.
Googling for that stuff there's endless scientific looking sites selling the mumbo jumbo side <_<

Stop using "alternative medicine" and "scientifically" in the same sentence.  They are mutually exclusive terms.

:yes:

Are dogs suddenly "alternative cats"?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

And I'd like to read why this is so and what led people to believe these things rather than just take it as written that it is wrong.
You know. Science.
██████
██████
██████

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2017, 08:27:46 PM
Not even going to tell you about the knife fight I had over goddamned Oxford fucking commas.  Fucking mouthbreathers.

I want to see a cage match between Chicago Manual authors and AP editors on this matter

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 29, 2017, 07:31:26 AM
And I'd like to read why this is so and what led people to believe these things rather than just take it as written that it is wrong.
You know. Science.

That's really more history; given that it wasn't science that got them to believe such methods were useful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I sent in my sample to AncestryDNA.  Better not be any Irish in the results :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on March 29, 2017, 07:34:50 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 28, 2017, 08:27:46 PM
Not even going to tell you about the knife fight I had over goddamned Oxford fucking commas.  Fucking mouthbreathers.

I want to see a cage match between Chicago Manual authors and AP editors on this matter

Shit's just ignorant.

Maximus

Quote from: derspiess on March 29, 2017, 09:00:39 AM
I sent in my sample to AncestryDNA.  Better not be any Irish in the results :angry:
What if there's moslem?

Valmy

Quote from: Maximus on March 29, 2017, 10:03:22 AM
What if there's moslem?

I don't think you can tell religion through DNA.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

What if there's moslem?

I'll worry about that when I have the kids' ancestry tested.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

They find Lucky Charms and Skittles, you'll have to stand your ground and shoot yourself.

derspiess

:lol:  Hey at least then we can both be Black Irish.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 29, 2017, 10:04:38 AM
What if there's moslem?

I don't think you can tell religion through DNA.

70% snake handler
20% holiness church
10% Joel Osteen
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I noticed an Ancestry DNA TV commercial the other day. They're really making a push. Though they seem. To offer less than 23 and me. Still waiting for the price drop...
██████
██████
██████

Monoriu

I understand checking your DNA to see if there are any likely genetic diseases.

I don't understand spending money to see how Irish you are.