The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2017, 10:30:08 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 17, 2017, 10:24:03 AM
Oh wait I GIT IT
DERNIGGERHATER IS DOING HIS SCHTICK

You celebrate your irish heritage in your way.  Let Derspeiss celebrate his irish heritage in his way.

By being a dick?

Doesn't seem like he needs a special day for that.

Josquius

Bloody hell. D-link cameras.
The website for running them is only compatible with ie.
But not on windows 10.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2017, 10:29:21 AM
So last night Timmy started talking about how maybe the leprechaun was going to come visit our house during the night and leave some gold.  He even drew some pictures and a card "for the leprechaun".  No idea where he got the idea from.  But my wife ran with it and went out and got those chocolate coins.  So this morning the kids were all excited that the leprechaun came to visit.

:huh:

you've been outsmarted by children. hang your head in shame
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on March 17, 2017, 12:00:23 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2017, 10:30:08 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 17, 2017, 10:24:03 AM
Oh wait I GIT IT
DERNIGGERHATER IS DOING HIS SCHTICK

You celebrate your irish heritage in your way.  Let Derspeiss celebrate his irish heritage in his way.

By being a dick?

Doesn't seem like he needs a special day for that.

When I was a kid, I remember asking my grandmother about how much irish was in our family, as St. Patrick's Day was coming up.  Her response was that our Irish ancestors would never celebrate St. Patrick's Day, as they were protestants, and that was a Catholic holiday.

The Protestant rough equivalent to St. Patrick's Day (in that it celebrates irish protestant identity) is the Battle of the Boyne on July 12, also called Orangemen's Day.  But nobody around here does anything on July 12.

So, for the longest time, I've followed the derspeiss method of celebrating St Patty's Day - by wearing orange.  Quite honestly though nobody ever gets it.  It's not intended to be a dick - I'm not denegrating or saying anything negative to anyone wearing green.  I'm not marching.  I'm just celebrating my own irish heritage. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2017, 12:59:01 PM
When I was a kid, I remember asking my grandmother about how much irish was in our family, as St. Patrick's Day was coming up.  Her response was that our Irish ancestors would never celebrate St. Patrick's Day, as they were protestants, and that was a Catholic holiday.

The Protestant rough equivalent to St. Patrick's Day (in that it celebrates irish protestant identity) is the Battle of the Boyne on July 12, also called Orangemen's Day.  But nobody around here does anything on July 12.

So, for the longest time, I've followed the derspeiss method of celebrating St Patty's Day - by wearing orange.  Quite honestly though nobody ever gets it.  It's not intended to be a dick - I'm not denegrating or saying anything negative to anyone wearing green.  I'm not marching.  I'm just celebrating my own irish heritage. :)

Yes yes, everything you do is purely intended to be as inoffensive as possible. That's great. Have a cookie.

I was talking about derspiess.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2017, 10:29:21 AM
So last night Timmy started talking about how maybe the leprechaun was going to come visit our house during the night and leave some gold.  He even drew some pictures and a card "for the leprechaun".  No idea where he got the idea from.  But my wife ran with it and went out and got those chocolate coins.  So this morning the kids were all excited that the leprechaun came to visit.

:huh:

Not to be a sour puss but isn't Tim a bit old for that kind of thing?  I mean, he teaches English in Korea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Lost my license plate today (or it was stolen, no way to know).

Very simple to fix in the end but still a stressfull 5 minutes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 17, 2017, 05:31:46 PM
Lost my license plate today (or it was stolen, no way to know).

Very simple to fix in the end but still a stressfull 5 minutes.

It was stolen.  Be sure to report it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

T00L, Wednesday May 24, EagleBank Arena at George Mason University.  Concourse, above the stage.  Boom.

Razgovory

Corned Beef tastes a bit like Pastrami.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Truly lovely West Virginia stripper told me pastrami tastes like fried bolgna.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 17, 2017, 07:47:44 PM
Corned Beef tastes a bit like Pastrami.
Not unless your corned beef is very, very good.

Ed Anger

I get weird looks when I ask them to hold the thousand island bullshit and the kraut. MEAT AND CHEESE ONLY ASSHOLES. AND I BETTER GET A PICKLE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney