CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2017, 10:27:57 PM
:lol:

Also acceptable: "you killed us you fool!"

Yoo arrugant ass yoof keeled us*

*Deed it anyvay.

Zanza

Quote from: Grey Fox
GM doesn't innovate, it will just replicate the offering from the other manufacturer & buy Tesla when their product is ready.
They can't afford Tesla anymore and I doubt it is for sale.

GM used to be world beater for 70 years or so, but their focus on share buybacks since the early 2000s has really taken too much capital out to invest strategically.

celedhring

Tests, I love tests!

Another hyperbolic grammar test: https://www.arealme.com/online-english-grammar-test/en/

I got 116, but only one question at the beginning and another one at the end were somewhat challenging.

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on March 15, 2017, 03:36:39 AM
I got 116, but only one question at the beginning and another one at the end were somewhat challenging.

Also got 116. It was pretty easy, and then suddenly the last question: err, what are those?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

German health insurances refuse to cover cannabis for severely ill patients, saying that its efficacy is not sufficiently proven.

Meanwhile, many insurances cover homeopathic therapies.  :wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on March 15, 2017, 08:01:31 AM
:bleeding:

We have this at the underground passage at Karlsplatz subway station:

(There are also various digital trackers - numbers of schnitzels eaten in Vienna, world population, victims of land mines, days till Tchernobyl is inhabitable again, worldwide defense expenses, number of books borrowed from the Vienna libraries ...).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

There are Mexicans crawling all over my house and hitting it with hammers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2017, 11:44:06 AM
There are Mexicans crawling all over my house and hitting it with hammers.

Mine too!  :lol:

The new floors look great though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Went, the past tense of go, originally was the past tense of wend, a nearly defunct word.

From an Economist article about dying vocabulary.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Maladict

If you speak german you can?