News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I was rather impressed by the German in this Monty Python skit, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdPMSd7xA7U
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on March 07, 2017, 02:13:14 PM
I was rather impressed by the German in this Monty Python skit, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdPMSd7xA7U

Ah yeah, randomly stumbled upon that a few months ago.
Apparently they did a one off special episode for German TV :blink:
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Never heard of that one before, thanks :cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on March 07, 2017, 02:17:48 PM

Ah yeah, randomly stumbled upon that a few months ago.
Apparently they did a one off special episode for German TV :blink:

They were invited to record (or perform, I forget) them in Germany. Once they got there they were taken straight from the airport to a concentration camp, and were given a tour. According to John Cleese to prove that they really need all the help they can get when it comes to having a sense of humour.

Syt

The perils of picking up metal bands from the airport.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

HVC

Man Judd Nelson has fallen in some hard times.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zanza

I was cut off on the Autobahn at roughly 100 mph today and the other driver deliberately braked as hard as he could, which I didn't expect, so I hit his car at probably 70-80 mph. The pyrotechnic seatbelt pretensiors fired, but the airbags were not deployed. The car is quite heavily damaged though. As I had witnesses that the other driver deliberately caused this, the police cited him for dangerous driving and took away his license on the spot. Thankfully no one was hurt, but at those speeds it's just luck that nothing happened.

garbon

Oh my. How are you feeling?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Ah, Europe.  It's the little differences.

Zanza

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2017, 09:28:22 AM
Oh my. How are you feeling?
I am fine  and my passengers are also fine, but it's a strange feeling to know that people like that are driving on our roads. Makes you wonder what could have happened.

celedhring

Holy crap, you're lucky just the car got smashed and no one was hurt, if the airbags didn't work.

Zanza

The crash wasn't bad enough for the airbags to deploy, so they didn't malfunction. When the pyrotechnic pretensioners fired, the car immediately opened the windows a bit to let out the powder steam. And then it called emergency services who knew that had just had an accident, so by the time we stopped, police was already informed and on their way.

Syt

Sheesh, Zanza, glad you came out all right. :hug:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Glad you're okay Zanza.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall