News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

I'm a cadet.  Sounds about right.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on March 03, 2017, 04:58:43 PM
I'm a cadet.  Sounds about right.

Nice stealth pun!

Also a Kadet (closest to what I am, anyway).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Without taking the KGB hack test I'm goiing to go ahead and say I'm a Cadet too.

garbon

In the right and democratic quadrant.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

I got Center SR, but that's not very satisfying since the SR broke in two so quickly during 1917, so "Center" doesn't tell you much.  I guess it means I would have had a lot of soul-searching to do come October.  :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DGuller

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 03, 2017, 09:22:06 PM
I got Center SR, but that's not very satisfying since the SR broke in two so quickly during 1917, so "Center" doesn't tell you much.  I guess it means I would have had a lot of soul-searching to do come October.  :(
If it makes you feel any better, you would've been shot within the next 20 years anyway, so no need to sweat it.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Enemies of the people!  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

celedhring

Seems there's a clear majority of Kadets, SR, and Mensheviks. Long live the Provisional Government!

Duque de Bragança

Hopefully, we'll make it to October (O.S)/November (N.S).   :P

garbon

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 04, 2017, 03:13:09 AM
Enemies of the people!  :mad:

I just strolled in on a grand tour and now will be making my voyage away again. :bowler:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.