Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 24, 2017, 02:42:05 PM
Quote from: The Larch on February 24, 2017, 02:32:54 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 22, 2017, 10:26:36 PM
Pssst why he's going there larchie.

What have I missed? :unsure:

Monkey is going to Rota because there is a Naval base. He's visiting family.

Yeah, I read the family thing.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2017, 03:41:16 PM
In 1970 there were 99 AAA rated companies in America.  Now there are two.

I blame that ineffective pamphlet on the dangers of boob ambush.  That looked like was made around 1970.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on February 24, 2017, 05:46:47 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 24, 2017, 03:41:16 PM
In 1970 there were 99 AAA rated companies in America.  Now there are two.

I blame that ineffective pamphlet on the dangers of boob ambush.  That looked like was made around 1970.

i wish I get boob ambushed from time to time. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on February 24, 2017, 04:04:07 PM
Quote from: Maximus on February 24, 2017, 03:57:49 PM
Why do you think that is?

I was intrigued and looked it up.

Early analysis suggests it's because large companies are embracing debt as a way to increase share price and make acquisitions.

To be honest interest rates have been so damn low I'd be doing it too if I were a massive impersonal corporate entity
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 24, 2017, 07:56:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 24, 2017, 04:04:07 PM
Quote from: Maximus on February 24, 2017, 03:57:49 PM
Why do you think that is?

I was intrigued and looked it up.

Early analysis suggests it's because large companies are embracing debt as a way to increase share price and make acquisitions.

To be honest interest rates have been so damn low I'd be doing it too if I were a massive impersonal corporate entity

Yup. That's the answer.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Scaffolding at the construction site nextdoor has risen so high that I have to think before touching myself in front of the computer. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Tests, I love tests!

http://thedailypolls.com/can-you-get-a-2525-on-this-advanced-grammar-test/

25/25 :smarty:

Congratulations, you are a grammar master! You have a superb understanding of even the trickiest grammar rules. Not only do you know the difference between affect and effect, but you also never confuse your tenses. You must be an English scholar because only 4% of Americans can get a perfect score on this test.

The test isn't that hard, so I sure hope that the "only 4%" bit is internet hyperbole.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

For Syt

[spoiler]Not sure if it can be bought or even is true. Likely to be a fake[/spoiler]

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2017, 05:12:33 AM
Tests, I love tests!

Congratulations, you are a grammar master! You have a superb understanding of even the trickiest grammar rules. Not only do you know the difference between affect and effect, but you also never confuse your tenses. You must be an English scholar because only 4% of Americans can get a perfect score on this test.

The test isn't that hard, so I sure hope that the "only 4%" bit is internet hyperbole.
I've got 25/25 too! :w00t:

:hmm:

The Brain

Any Americans take the test?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on February 26, 2017, 05:12:33 AM
Tests, I love tests!

25/25