Wow Airlines are going to offer $70 to Europe.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 15, 2017, 10:51:51 PM
Wow Airlines are going to offer $70 to Europe.  :P

Cargo hold special? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

The Irish one is far more English than the English one.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

The Hungarian one just isn't correct.

Spelling error aside, "under a frog's butt" is used to express low quality, usually of conditions, as in, they are really, really low. You can use it to demean somebody's level of culture/intellect but I personally have never heard it used like that.

Fake news. Sad!

CountDeMoney

Nothing beats the Kuwaitis and Iraqis insulting each others' mustaches. 

DGuller

I've never heard of the Russian one.  I'm not sure it's the right translation either, I think it refers to the sharp stick you impale people on rather than an axe.

mongers

Redacted.  :D

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

GOOD JOB MONGERS HERE POST MY PHONE NUMBER WHILE YOURE AT IT

Syt

mongers is on fire today. First he posts a picture I posted 5 posts earlier in the Trump Presidency thread. Now he posts a story that B already posted in the back room.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

Quote from: Syt on January 16, 2017, 10:43:26 AM
mongers is on fire today. First he posts a picture I posted 5 posts earlier in the Trump Presidency thread. Now he posts a story that B already posted in the back room.

I don't access the back-room.   ;)

Plus it was just odd randomly coming across it, a bit like if I was reading a story about crime in NE USA and there was a picture of CdM in his bunny costume.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2017, 11:15:08 AM
Groovy, baby!

They play all that cracker ass Doobie Brothers redneck beer rock in and out of commercial breaks for Joe, the fuck more you want, derniggerhater?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

The French battleship Carnot, commissioned 1897, sold for scrap only 25 years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_battleship_Carnot
—Stephen Jay Gould