And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on January 02, 2017, 09:14:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 02, 2017, 03:07:26 AM
In some Vienna subway stations some old phone booths are getting replaced with vending machines for cell phone accessories:

We have had those for years over here. I have bought a thing or two off them  :blush:

Interesting. I've always wondered who was impulse purchasing iDevices and Beats headphones from those.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on January 02, 2017, 11:13:56 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 02, 2017, 09:14:59 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 02, 2017, 03:07:26 AM
In some Vienna subway stations some old phone booths are getting replaced with vending machines for cell phone accessories:

We have had those for years over here. I have bought a thing or two off them  :blush:

Interesting. I've always wondered who was impulse purchasing iDevices and Beats headphones from those.

Heh, it bailed me out once. My charger broke at night, and I absolutely needed it to get a work call from the US. All shops were of course closed, but I went to the subway station  next to my place and got one from the vending machine.

Liep

The biggest provider of cable tv here had an outage on New Year sparking wild panic when people suddenly couldn't watch the Queen's speech. Funny part is in a new poll 54% of Danes believe it was caused by Russian hacking.

They would probably also have believed it was ISIS if that had been the story the tabloids had gone with.  :shutup:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Most likely travelers that lost/left theirs back home. 

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2017, 01:31:28 PM

Most likely travelers that lost/left theirs back home. 

So unprepared travelers. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 02, 2017, 01:40:00 PM

World's filled with them. You know that.

Jacob

... or unlucky travelers. Or travelers with expense accounts.

garbon

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on January 02, 2017, 01:49:22 PM

... or unlucky travelers.
See above.

Quote from: Jacob on January 02, 2017, 01:49:22 PMOr travelers with expense accounts.
That hardly prevents preparation. I'd know. Also, think of the planet! :P

CountDeMoney

Or, in my sister's case, travelers with children.  :lol:
When my Dad drove them all to the airport for their flight to South Africa, I stayed back at their house on Ready 5 for an extra hour, in case they forgot something. Like they usually do when they travel. 

Somebody forgot an adapter for something, but luckily they had a layover in Atlanta and found a Best Buy vending machine.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2017, 01:58:21 PM
When my Dad drove them all to the airport for their flight to South Africa, I stayed back at their house on Ready 5 for an extra hour, in case they forgot something. Like they usually do when they travel. 

Somebody forgot an adapter for something, but luckily they had a layover in Atlanta and found a Best Buy vending machine.

Yup... when you travel with children you can usually count on at least one case of "unlucky" if not more.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 02, 2017, 01:58:21 PM

True. Children are the worst! :D

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Ed, did you go live? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXbj2fE2mMI

TheReportOfTheWeek1 year ago (edited)
Enjoy the re-opened comments, portraying the interactions between a seemingly brain damaged idiot and a selection of equally damaged adults.

Circa 2013.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Why is that kid dressed as a Gestapo agent?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive