News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Oh I'm expecting these to fail, too.  I have a feeling the porch light fixtures are the guilty party in my case.  Which would be annoying to have to replace them given how expensive they were. 

Speaking of porch lights, a lot of naive neighbors are using red light bulbs to be "festive".  I guess they have no idea what a red light means.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Or maybe you live in a swingers neighbourhood :perv:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2016, 01:31:00 PMSpeaking of porch lights, a lot of naive neighbors are using red light bulbs to be "festive".  I guess they have no idea what a red light means.

I don't know if it's naive given how red light is not actually used to denote whore houses these days (if it ever was).

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2016, 01:31:00 PM
Speaking of porch lights, a lot of naive neighbors are using red light bulbs to be "festive".  I guess they have no idea what a red light means.

General Quarters.  DIVE DIVE DIVE

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 12, 2016, 05:58:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2016, 01:31:00 PM

General Quarters.  DIVE DIVE DIVE

Or it's the bridge of the Enterprise after Khan ambushes them in the Reliant.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

It seems like Christmas is coming quick this year. It might be because I've cut down on the TV viewing and aren't being bombarded by snuggie commercials.

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on December 12, 2016, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2016, 01:31:00 PMSpeaking of porch lights, a lot of naive neighbors are using red light bulbs to be "festive".  I guess they have no idea what a red light means.

I don't know if it's naive given how red light is not actually used to denote whore houses these days (if it ever was).

Republican  :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 12, 2016, 07:24:48 PM
Or it's the bridge of the Enterprise after Khan ambushes them in the Reliant.

"It's one of ours, Admiral. It's Reliant. A Plymouth Reliant."

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 12, 2016, 12:37:16 PM
I would hire Seedy.  :)

As my enforcer.

Hate to tell you, but Mike's effectiveness on Breaking Bad may have had a lot to do with being a fictional character.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2016, 09:05:00 PM

As my enforcer.

Hate to tell you, but Mike's effectiveness on Breaking Bad may have had a lot to do with being a fictional character.

Never watched Breaking Bad. Sorry.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2016, 09:05:00 PM

As my enforcer.

Ed's idea of enforcement is trying to get the kids from pissing in the yard hedges.

Ed Anger

As long as they piss in the neighbor's yard.

Razgovory

I noticed a trend.  The idiots who keep liking Breitbart articles on facebook almost always have a confederate flag somewhere in their picture album. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

It's nice that you have a seperate flag for the mentally challenged in the us.
In the uk they just end up using the regular flag which....meh.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2016, 11:10:39 PM
I noticed a trend.  The idiots who keep liking Breitbart articles on facebook almost always have a confederate flag somewhere in their picture album.

I noticed a trend. Raz spent too much time studying Breitbart and now he's cuckoo.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?