News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Well given how high my bill is, I guess Duke took pity on me and sent 8.  Just happened to be the perfect number since I had 8 remaining CFL bulbs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

They didn't hire me, so the obviously had the money to splurge.  derspiess: wins again!

Barrister

Mrs B keeps on buying incandescent bulbs. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I would hire Seedy.  :)

As my enforcer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 12, 2016, 12:37:16 PM

As my enforcer.

With bad investments like that the ed fortune does not look secure :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on December 12, 2016, 12:39:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 12, 2016, 12:37:16 PM

As my enforcer.

With bad investments like that the ed fortune does not look secure :(

The Trump stock bounce has made me a niuce pile of cash, even with the retarded capital gains taxes.

And you jelly I like Seedy over an Eggplant.

Ed Anger

HVC

When did I get demoted to eggplant again? :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 12, 2016, 12:35:23 PM

She really enjoys having shit burn out all the time and enjoys having higher energy bills? Huh.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on December 12, 2016, 12:45:53 PM
When did I get demoted to eggplant again? :(

When Martim reappeared.

Grey Fox

She's a smart women, you did good marrying her.

It is said that about 90% of the energy that an incandescent bulb consume is release has heat. I wonder what we do, here in Canada, with heat?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2016, 11:28:56 AM
Yeah those things were annoying. Glad we rapidly moved past that little innovation.
LED bulbs don't seem to work very well in outdoor spaces though.  I've had 3 burn out on me that I've installed in outdoor fixtures, so I keep CFLs in those.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Maximus

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 12, 2016, 01:00:30 PM

She's a smart women, you did good marrying her.

It is said that about 90% of the energy that an incandescent bulb consume is release has heat. I wonder what we do, here in Canada, with heat?
Electricity has historically been one of the most expensive forms of heat, at least in Alberta. I suspect that is still true.

Light bulbs are often near the ceiling of a room where heat generation is least effective.

A heating element that needs to be replaced every couple months is suboptimal.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on December 12, 2016, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2016, 11:28:56 AM
Yeah those things were annoying. Glad we rapidly moved past that little innovation.
LED bulbs don't seem to work very well in outdoor spaces though.  I've had 3 burn out on me that I've installed in outdoor fixtures, so I keep CFLs in those.

I had been having that trouble with incandescent porch lights.  So I ordered some outdoor-rated LEDs from Amazon and so far, so good.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Yeah, I put the outdoor ones in and those are the ones that failed.  Maybe they're getting better now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points