News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on December 01, 2016, 10:52:37 PM
How does make home made sugar? Serious question.

Brown sugar is just sugar and molasses.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2016, 10:53:20 PM

Brown sugar is just sugar and molasses.

:yes:

One tablespoon molasses to one cup of white sugar. I've been known to add a touch of vanilla in, too, though I didn't this time.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Hegemonic control the indigenous sugarcane industry.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 01, 2016, 10:59:39 PM

I don't know, but I can tell you how to make homemade black powder.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on December 01, 2016, 11:53:13 PM

OK, 11McVeigh.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 02, 2016, 12:33:49 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 01, 2016, 11:53:13 PM

OK, 11McVeigh.

For shooting not blowing stuff up. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2016, 10:05:58 PM
Fuck, I'm gonna fix myself some toaster strudel, food of the elite. BRB

Those things always heat up unevenly. :thumbsdown:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 02, 2016, 01:18:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 01, 2016, 10:05:58 PM
Fuck, I'm gonna fix myself some toaster strudel, food of the elite. BRB

Those things always heat up unevenly. :thumbsdown:

Toast to medium in toaster.  When done, throw in microwave for ten seconds.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

So, don't ask how I ended up there, but today was reading this recent thread on a mom forum about this woman's relationship. Talk about the drama. I wish we had more of them over here on Languish.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118667/forums/read/21455084/My_S_O_is_going?next=1

QuoteYour comment right here! This is exactly the truth! I need time to fall apart and recharge and most of the time I'm not alone so I hide to cry in silence cause it gets to tough. My daughter has tried to kill herself right after what happened to her. He didn't even show up at the hospital he rather stay home with my other daughter cause she was watching my son who was a little over one at the time but I let it slide cause I had to focus on my daughter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Well that escalated quickly.

I love how that woman was so vague about the problem that nobody could have possibly given good advice based on what she said. But damn if that board did not go ahead and try their damnedest anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on December 02, 2016, 11:42:16 AM
Well that escalated quickly.

I love how that woman was so vague about the problem that nobody could have possibly given good advice based on what she said. But damn if that board did not go ahead and try their damnedest anyway.

I like the woman who posted about how her husband would never go anywhere with out her and how awesome he is. Like great, highlight for her how shitty her life is. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

That forum makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on December 02, 2016, 01:57:49 PM
That forum makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Generally the vibe I try to cultivate. :D

Admiral Yi

I went to The Mall today to buy some walkie talkies so my mom can beep me if she needs something.

As I was eating my carne pastor burrito (pork with pineapple, pretty good) and watching NFL Live on the big screen, a Hispanic looking girl in my line of sight gives me an angry look and asks me why I'm staring at her.  I tell her I'm watching TV.

I'm wondering if this was a case of Trump-induced defensiveness.

MadImmortalMan

Facebook narcissism? Everybody seems to think everything they see is about them. It's older than social media though. Reminds me of that episode of Buffy where the kid is gonna commit suicide because everybody thinks he's a goof, but she tells him they actually don't think about him at all.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers