News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on November 30, 2016, 09:07:29 AM
I am not sure I understand those. What does 'wasted' mean?

Could had been home watching TV

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on November 30, 2016, 09:30:04 AM

Could had been home watching TV

I was just thinking that when I was a commuter who drove, I feel like I 'wasted' a lot more time than that per year...but maybe it is some definition of 'traffic' counting a certain amount of time without moving?

I guess if I really cared, I could go to their website but I feel like something they should note on their shiny infographics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

It's British slang for "drunk."  the average LA resident spends 81 hours a week drunk, the average Londoner 101.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on November 30, 2016, 09:40:29 AM

It's British slang for "drunk."  the average LA resident spends 81 hours a week drunk, the average Londoner 101.

Now that's something we can all get behind, so long as it's not the steering wheel.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Archy

Yay we're number one in Europe!!! Number one!! Number one!!! :ph34r:

Valmy

See? America needs me to be able  to work from home. THE PLANET DOES.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2016, 10:18:38 AM

Houston kinda stand out in that infographic doesn't it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on November 30, 2016, 10:21:54 AM

Houston kinda stand out in that infographic doesn't it.

Frankly I am shocked there is a city in Texas worse than my own.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I only have to fill my gas tank once every three weeks now.  It's pretty damned awesome.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Duque de Bragança

Surprised Frankfurt is not on the list, I mean there is Saarbrück and Karlsruhe.
Not so surprised with Stuttgart in, Porsche and Mercedes get stuck in traffic jams too.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Got my new computer. :wub: until it pisses me off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2016, 02:37:34 PM
Got my new computer. :wub: until it pisses me off.

Same. So far: SSD :wub:

Ed Anger

Now I've got to catch up with almost 2 years of PC gaming.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Oral surgery on Friday.  Three teeth need to be cut out.  So if I die this weekend you all will know why.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017