And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 12:16:11 PM
So I should go for a doe, then?  :unsure:

I think you should go for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :)

CountDeMoney

But please, shoot it outside.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2016, 12:19:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 11, 2016, 12:16:11 PM
So I should go for a doe, then?  :unsure:

I think you should go for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :)

High fat and sugar?  Might as well call it a diabetes sandwich.  :mad: :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 11, 2016, 01:43:56 PM
High fat and sugar?  Might as well call it a diabetes sandwich.  :mad: :P

Figures.  Sounds like a Takers Sammich. 

MIGHT AS WELL BE A SICKLE CELL SANDWICH

MadBurgerMaker

Whoa I completely forgot about Wurstfest going on right now in New Braunfels.  50+ beers on tap all over the place (although some are garbage, of course), plus.....I don't know whatever sausages and sauerkraut or whatever Germans eat.  I'm going for the beer.   Apparently I need a vest and hat to do it right (the beer hat in the background there might work):

Some sort of....beer....holding....contest, it appears.

derspiess

Those things are grueling.  I never win.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah, I've got one of those Paulaner mugs.  That thing isn't exactly light as a feather when it's full like that. 

Admiral Yi

Does the Teutonic manbra give you an advantage?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

That guy will win because of his lederhosen.

Syt

qwertee.com has an interesting design today:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Very interesting observation of an American social phenomenon tonight.

There was a table at my usual Friday night hang, Iowa City American Legion Post 17, full of letters, written by local elementary school kids, thanking a generic "American hero" for their sacrifice in serving the country in uniform.  At the top was printed "Thank You Hero" and at the bottom was cartoon image of a little boy and a little girl in olive drab.  In the middle was the section where they wrote their personalized message.  The cartoon images were usually colored in crayon.

Anyone else familiar with this kind of thing?  I've heard of school kids writing letters as a class assignment to GIs deployed in war zones, but this is a first for me.

Syt

No, but then again Germany doesn't do much of that "honoring the troops" thing these days. Dunno why. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 12, 2016, 02:41:38 AM

There was a table at my usual Friday night hang, Iowa City American Legion Post 17, full of letters, written by local elementary school kids, thanking a generic "American hero" for their sacrifice in serving the country in uniform.  At the top was printed "Thank You Hero" and at the bottom was cartoon image of a little boy and a little girl in olive drab.  In the middle was the section where they wrote their personalized message.  The cartoon images were usually colored in crayon.

Anyone else familiar with this kind of thing?  I've heard of school kids writing letters as a class assignment to GIs deployed in war zones, but this is a first for me.

In Sweden this would be classified as a no-no.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 12, 2016, 02:41:38 AM

Nope. France gets a French Army Day on July 14th and that's already too much for some people. Swedes, judging by what the Brain says, would have a heart attack with the military parade on the Champs-Élysées or AMX tank visits done by Ed's Smala in Normandy.