Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 08:38:28 AM
Quote from: mongers on November 10, 2016, 08:37:47 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 08:33:34 AM
So, apparently, starting with Trump's birth date (14 June 1946), his Presidential inauguration (20 January 2017) will be exactly 70 years, 7 months and 7 days later. :tinfoil:  :ph34r:

Surely that's 6 days.

Not if you count the first day as well. :P

So it only works if you cheat and then ignore the fact that one number is 70 and not 7 :hmm:

You should be a Numerologist.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Also, if you apply traditional Jewish Gematria to MAGA  (converting it into Hebrew letters Mem, Aleph, Gimel, Aleph), and use the values they were used as numbers (in Hebrew alphabet, letters had a dual role as numbers) it adds up to 45 (40+1+3+1) - the same number the word meaning "Fool" in Hebrew has, and also the number of Trump's presidency (Obama being the 44th POTUS).

:tinfoil:

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2016, 08:35:05 AM
So, apparently, starting with Trump's birth date (14 June 1946), his Presidential inauguration (20 January 2017) will be exactly 70 years, 7 months and 7 days later. :tinfoil:  :ph34r:

Is 7077 some kind of magical number?

No but the 2,228,083,200 is.  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2016, 08:39:49 AM

Surely that's 6 days.

So it only works if you cheat and then ignore the fact that one number is 70 and not 7 :hmm:

I wouldn't say it's cheating, actually. There is no "0th" day or "0th" year in someone's life. If you are born on 1 January, then 2 January is your second day, not your first day. So for Trump, his inaguration will be on the 70th year, 7th month and 7th day of his life. :P

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 08:43:07 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2016, 08:39:49 AM

Surely that's 6 days.

I wouldn't say it's cheating, actually. There is no "0th" day or "0th" year in someone's life. If you are born on 1 January, then 2 January is your second day, not your first day. So for Trump, his inaguration will be on the 70th year, 7th month and 7th day of his life. :P

But two of those won't be whole ones.  :P :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 08:38:02 AM
No, but 777 is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/777_(number)

It is the number of God, and the number of jackpot on slot machines; also in Unix it is used as the universal access code.

And a Boeing airplane.  GET TO THE BUNKER

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 10, 2016, 10:17:55 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 08:38:02 AM
No, but 777 is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/777_(number)

It is the number of God, and the number of jackpot on slot machines; also in Unix it is used as the universal access code.

And a Boeing airplane.  GET TO THE BUNKER

OMG Trump has used an 777, therefore he will CRASH AND BURN ! ! ! !

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 08:41:20 AM
Also, if you apply traditional Jewish Gematria to MAGA  (converting it into Hebrew letters Mem, Aleph, Gimel, Aleph), and use the values they were used as numbers (in Hebrew alphabet, letters had a dual role as numbers) it adds up to 45 (40+1+3+1) - the same number the word meaning "Fool" in Hebrew has, and also the number of Trump's presidency (Obama being the 44th POTUS).

Surely there are meds you could be taking  ;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 10, 2016, 10:50:54 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 10, 2016, 08:41:20 AM

Surely there are meds you could be taking  ;)

Are you offended by the cultural appropriation? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2016, 10:57:50 AM
Are you offended by the cultural appropriation? :P

Not at all, just concerned for his health.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

LaCroix

re: refinancing (student) debt, anyone know how things are looking on whether the US interest rates will rise under trump? planning to pay off student debt within ten years, and I'm not sure whether to go variable or fixed.

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on November 10, 2016, 12:55:29 PM
re: refinancing (student) debt, anyone know how things are looking on whether the US interest rates will rise under trump? planning to pay off student debt within ten years, and I'm not sure whether to go variable or fixed.

Right now go fixed. Everything is super low. Hard to believe it would be that much lower.

Just IMHO of course.

Barrister

Quote from: LaCroix on November 10, 2016, 12:55:29 PM

I think Valmy's probably right.

As to where will interest rates go under Trump?  Trump's plan (such as it is) is massive tax cuts, together with absolutely no meaningful spending cuts.  That should in the long run be inflationary.  On the other hand his plan to tear up trade deals (which I've learned he can do on his own - no congressional vote needed) could easily lead to a massive recession, which would typically cause interest rates to fall.  So who knows.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on November 10, 2016, 01:46:10 PM
(which I've learned he can do on his own - no congressional vote needed)

Interesting. I guess there is no excuse for Trump to hide behind. He will either be a lying loathsome hypocrite, and make me happy, or be true to his convictions and piss me off.